Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2024, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We finished up with the Dynamat, including taping up the seams with foil tape. Before we lay down the carpet, we'll install a layer of thin close cell foam, and mass loaded vinyl in a few areas. I did this with my '70 Formula and it really cut down road noise and gives the car a solid feel throughout.

The carpet arrived from ACC, the shade of tan is a little lighter than I thought it would be. The package tray also arrived, and it's a little darker than I thought it would be. I also had paint mixed to match the various interior shades. Looking at the pieces next to each other makes me a little concerned how it's all going to work together, but I had the same reaction to the Sandalwood interior in my '70.

One major challenge of building a car like this is figuring out where to install the various aftermarket electronic controllers and associated wiring so that everything is secure, easy to access and service, and relatively hidden. Also have to consider potential issues with RFI/EMI. My son fabricated some brackets and mounted the ECU behind the glove box door.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7908.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	628368   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7909.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	628370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7912.jpg
Views:	262