Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 05-03-2024, 02:36 PM
Senior Chief

Default Turn Signal Cam

Ok, after centering the new gear, the steering wheel, and getting a shop to align the wheels, my turn signal cam is off a bit - when I turn right it clicks off too early, but when I turn left it clicks off way too late...any ideas? Can I pull the hub and adjust it?

78 White T/A, Carmine interior, Fisher T-tops, WS-6 package, 3.08 gears, a/c, rear discs. Original 403 with 300,000 miles replaced by new Pontiac 455 (roller everything, 6x-4 heads, Performer manifold, Hooker Headers, Hughes converter, Cliff's Q-jet) - I only get 12 mpg!
Old 05-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What steering wheel? Grant?

George

Old 05-04-2024, 03:14 AM
Senior Chief

The stock rally wheel...

78 White T/A, Carmine interior, Fisher T-tops, WS-6 package, 3.08 gears, a/c, rear discs. Original 403 with 300,000 miles replaced by new Pontiac 455 (roller everything, 6x-4 heads, Performer manifold, Hooker Headers, Hughes converter, Cliff's Q-jet) - I only get 12 mpg!
Old 05-04-2024, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I am not mistaken the cam has the horn contact on it and it can only go through the wheel in one place. So, if the wheel is straight then the cancelling cam has to be in the correct location. Do you perhaps have the wrong cam?

Old 05-05-2024, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You say the steering wheel is centered...but is it lined up with the mark on the steering shaft. There is a mark on the steering wheel and a corresponding mark on the steering shaft. If the steering wheel was "centered" by rotating the steering wheel it would make the cancel cam "off", as there is only one hole in the steering wheel for it to pass through.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That isn't correct. If the wheel is centered it means that it's lined up correctly between the cancelling levers on the directional switch. It doesn't matter where the steering shaft is located. The cancelling mechanism is located on the steering column not on the shaft.