Old 07-31-2012, 09:32 AM

Default 4 door pillarless hard top wanted

I'm looking for a clean car that is a mostly rust free, useable, complete and unrestored. Engine and transmission don't matter. Just looking for a decent 4 door car that needs mechanicals. Prefer 65 66 or 68 with A/C. Not looking for a full blown restoration project. No junk or parts cars please, our children will be riding in this car.
Have truck and trailer, will travel.

Please post or message me.
Thanks.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 PM

Seriously? There are no clean cast off pillarless 4 doors missing engine and trans or even complete running cars????? Really!!!!???? Will travel for the right car!!!! Have truck and trailer. 65, 66 or 68 preferred, will consider all 65-74 as long as they are pillarless hardtops. Just no rust buckets or parts cars please. Paint not important, mechanicals not important, would prefer nice interior. I will be traveling from Chicago to Ok City to Phoenix to Salt lake city and back to Chicago in the next 1 1/2 weeks with a 53 foot enclosed car trailer. I am serious when I say I am looking.....
Factory A/C is a must, doesn't have to be complete or functioning. Just factory equipped..

Last edited by wheelman; 08-03-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am waiting on this one lady to die and she is about 70 to 75 years old. She has her dads 6 5 catalina 4 door sedan sitting in the garage with less that 20K on it. She never starts it or anything. I asked her about buying it and she told me when she was dead I could probably buy it from her relatives. The car is in her dads house nobody lives there but ac and heat come on and she mows it regularly. Everything in the house is as dad left it. I think he has been gone well over 20 years.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM

She will probably out live you.... Lol!!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

I have several of these cars but, not as clean as you are looking for. Keep me in mind when you find what you want. I have parts.
best to you,
Steve

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 08-05-2012, 02:31 AM

Thanks Steve. We have found two cars, probably gonna bring them both back to IL. Got plenty of driving to do. Gonna be 5600-5800 total through 12 states including AZ. Maybe we come and visit. Check your stuff out. We have many Pontiacs that you may have parts for.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:35 PM

Ok guys, I'm not kidding here!
I'm currently in Ok City, gonna be headed to Denver tommorow. Then on to Park city UT. From there to Redwood city Ca. Then??? It matters who and what comes my way. Looking for a lower priced 4 door hardtop along the way for sale??? Does not need to run or even have engine or trans. As long as it's complete bodywise and a decent interior with factory A/C. Northern states along I-90 or I-94 from Seattle to Chicago. I-80 across to Illinois is ok too. I-70 across will work too.

ANYONE WANT TO SELL A INEXPENSIVE PILARLESS 4 DOOR 65 66 or 68???? Wil consider other years. Have cash truck and trailer. Let me take that unwanted 4 door from you.

Can call or text Moe 847-363-8519 or Margaret 224-388-4547.
Thanks to all that have already responded.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I see you didn't list 67, but there's a 67 pillarless hardtop in a yard in Ogden, UT (B&R Old Car Parts). You can look them up on the web. I had a quick look at it, and it looked pretty complete, but I didn't look closely for rust, etc. They may have other pillarless hardtops as well; this is the only one I remember.

Importsmasher

66 GTO convertible 389/4 speed (parents bought new)
73 Firebird Formula 400/4 speed
74 GTO 455/4 speed
74 Grand Am
Old 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM

If you're gonna offer something up for sale or have something in your possession that belongs to someone else that's for sale. Don't act like I'm putting you out when I give plenty of notice for when I can look at it.
I am over 2000 miles from home with a 53' empty enclosed car hauler with full plans of buying two cars and parts to bring home. Diesel isn't free. Who's the one being inconvienienced? Now I need to find different a car to buy. Or a car to haul back for someone else. It's the principle people!

Old 08-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Senior Chief

I see a 65 or 66 Bonneville listed on Reno craigslist that is located east of Reno that may be something you are interested in. Just search Pontiac in the cars for sale section and it should come up.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
I see a 65 or 66 Bonneville listed on Reno craigslist that is located east of Reno that may be something you are interested in. Just search Pontiac in the cars for sale section and it should come up.
Mr. G
I can't find it, must be gone.
Thanks anyway.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Senior Chief

It is a 65' with 78.000 miles running driving Bonneville 4 door for $4,500 located in Elko Nevada. Posting number on Reno craigslist 3190203332.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Mr. G
I can't find it, must be gone.
Thanks anyway.
I searched it out for you. Nice looking car...
http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/3190203332.html

Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Senior Chief

Did anyone pull the trigger on this one?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have a very nice, rust-free (and it is a lifelong central Indiana car) 69 Catalina 4dr hardtop I may be selling. 91K actual miles, WORKING A/C, PS, PDB, P-seat, very nice light metallic blue interior, Warwick Blue original paint (hood, roof, and trunk are thin and somewhat dull). It would probably be in the $3500 range and I have a set of 5 Rally IIs (need blasted and repainted) with new caps and trim rings as well as a complete 2.73 Saf-T-Trac rear (same ratio as it has now) that could be negotiated into the sale (not included at this time). Let me know if you're interested and I can email some pics.
Thanks, Dave

I forgot to mention, I just had a complete $400 dual exhaust system with stainless chrome tips put on it.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455

Last edited by Pontiacdaver; 08-14-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Added note about new exhaust
Old 08-27-2012, 04:12 PM

After long deliberation and dealing with some really asinine people (especially one in AZ) we ended up dragging a 53' enclosed trailer all the way to the SF bay area to get a 67 Bonneville, not the year we were looking for but nonetheless fit our criteria. Thanks so much to Ben M for making the trip worthwhile, a real stand up guy. Margaret really loves the car and is really excited to start driving it ASAP!!!!!!

So the search is over....................... FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You'll get used to the 67 nose! They are really good cars too.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:22 PM

I'd really get used to it having a 67 GP nose and tail if I can get all the parts to do it. Or a 68 front clip with hideaways....... Let the lashing begin!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

67 is a good car. I had a catalina convert for a few years till I traded it off.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a bumper and hideaway assembly!!