THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Senior Chief

Default Our 2nd Amendment

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/04/20/b...#axzz1sxhl8iCn

Old 04-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BoA is certainly free not to do business with whom they choose.

Just as those businesses (and everyone else) are free to tell everyone about it.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69goatboy View Post
BoA is certainly free not to do business with whom they choose.

Just as those businesses (and everyone else) are free to tell everyone about it.
[WARNING: Be careful with replies as this could end up in the Clubhouse]

This is true. But I also like to add that with this attitude, it could put BoA in a rather large bind than they're in now. The more that read this and have accounts with them, they could possibly switch banks. As it is now they're in trouble enough. You'd think they'd be more user friendly and try to keep any and all the buisness they could.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like sour grapes on the firearms maker?

Snopes

They probably didn't get the rates or whatever they wanted and are whining?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 04-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adecco View Post
On my lunch/dinner break at work, will have to wait until I get home to view this because my company has a filter blocking it because of "weapons content".

Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post

Snopes

Um...says "undetermined" that's not very damning lol. Plus it's Snopes, you need a large grain of salt with their stuff

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 04-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sure.

Read the bottom of the page.
They actually called BofA to check the facts, unlike the emailed post.

Sounds like Bank of America has NO problems with the gun manufacturers or 2nd Amendment Rights for that matter.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 04-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post

Snopes

It probably has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment and everything to do with the size of their business. They did the same thing with builders several years ago - called in my line and demanded I pay it on the spot. Since I was on time with my payments and had never missed a one I declined. They took me to court & I WON. I finally made the last payment a little over a year ago.

Of course they took a government bailout in the meantime.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Suspended

Snopes. I looked up the record number or Puts (Puts=bets that a company will lose money in a specific quarter of business) that were placed against specific airlines and an insurance carrier leading up to 9-11-01. Snopes acknowledges that it was the only time in history for some unreal number of Puts against them and then added that it was never determined someone knew ahead of time so it was probably a fluke, and move along people, nothing to see. Yeah, that was convincing.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Senior Chief

I do business with a rinky dink concern named First National Bank of Scotia, and I might as well be dealing with George Baily. They have 5 branches in the local area here, run by a family mostly known for a Strawberry Farm. Suits me best, I run an independent Chocolate Shop. Never had use for operations like BOA. I always recommend one do as much business locally, but it is a free country. I like my Constitutional Rights myself, and actually having been sued for slander (by a disgruntle politician I beat in a local county legislative race of all things) I value the First Amendment up there as strongly as the Second!

ps- I won the slander suit on the law AND the facts. They had to pay for my lawyers.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I know B of A has no problem doing business with me, and allowing me to openly carry a pistol while I'm in the branch. They can't be THAT anti-2A.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbk2l View Post
I know B of A has no problem doing business with me, and allowing me to openly carry a pistol while I'm in the branch. They can't be THAT anti-2A.
Ahhh... Good ol' AZ!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Pretty good. I thought only in Central PA can a mini-mall consist of a bank, bar, and gun shop.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
It probably has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment and everything to do with the size of their business. They did the same thing with builders several years ago - called in my line and demanded I pay it on the spot. Since I was on time with my payments and had never missed a one I declined. They took me to court & I WON. I finally made the last payment a little over a year ago.

Of course they took a government bailout in the meantime.
EXACTLY....standard account review and "probably" they didnt like what they saw in the financials....imo.

Happens all the time nowdays.

Many, non business people/owners have no idea what kind of "credit reviews" are being done and how often....try 24/7.

One large credit card company that many business's use has software to monitor trends in spending, and can "red flag" if a business/owner say...starts going to Vegas and making charges, or starts buying a lot of booze, strip clubs... spending trends not normally seen.

Software designed for this purpose.

Article about this last month, and how closely business's are being watched by creditors...24/7.... read fine print on anything now, and see how many can "call" a note or line of credit if they dont like what they see.

A major US mortage lender sent out refinance offers six months ago, no cost to refi and stated savings with lower loan....sent it FED EX overnight to people.

I had my wife look into it (I knew it had to be a big catch) and she found that "some" of their old mortage loans have no deficiency judgement provision, or loan call verbage in them, so guess what the "new" loan docs have if you were to take new, no cost, lower refi offer?

Jeff

Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Mike, Last 2 times I was in a B of A I was asked to go back outside & leave my open carry in my car.

POCI.org