Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Mario Contorino / Firebird Camaro Specialties of NY / BossCamaro - eBay

On Dec. 4th I bought some parts for my 1973 Trans-Am from a Mr. Mario Contorino I found Mr. Contorino through his website ( www.firebirdcamarospecialties.com ) and paid him through PayPal for 8 grill bolts and a Throttle Cable. When I received the cable I knew immediately that it was not for a Firebird and returned it. As an expert, he should have known it was not correct for my car too. In any case, we agreed to exchange it for another part I was after, a Fan Shroud. After 2 weeks of waiting and not giving me any of the requested tracking information, he said the package had come back to him and he'd resend it. I waited another 2 weeks and again nothing.

I paid Mr. Contorino through PayPal, but since he's delayed me in waiting for him my time to file a complaint with PayPal had expired. At this point it's been over 2 months and I'm out $155 for the misrepresented part which I returned to him. My return cost was $6 in the same box he charged me $23 for. I've tried calling him daily and have left messages for the last week but he does not return my calls.

I've since learned of his "F" Rating from the Better Business Bureau which make me wonder how many other people he's sold parts to and not delivered.

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bus...ter-ny-135138/

Mr. Contorino's Business Address is:

Firebird Camaro Specialties of NY
3 Contornino Way, Building 1,
Chester NY 10918

He also does business on eBay as BossCamaro. It appears he does a better job through eBay because of the fear of losing his account, but he has complaints there too.

Please choose not to do business with him on either eBay or through his website. Warn your friends too. There are a lot of better vendors and private parties that actually have integrity in what they sell and at the very minimum actually return messages and ship. Guys like this really are a blight on the hobby and if we all vote with our dollars somewhere else they'll learn screwing someone out of a little money will translate to much more lost money down the road.

If there's anyone near the Chester NY area that would like to get a reward please PM me for details.

Thanks,

Richard B
SD73

Old 02-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default UPDATE: Mario Contorino / Firebird Camaro Specialties of NY / BossCamaro - eBay

I'm happy to report that after 10 weeks Mario stepped up to the plate and refunded my money. Thank you PY!!!

------------------------------------------

On Dec. 4th I bought some parts for my 1973 Trans-Am from a Mr. Mario Contorino. I found Mr. Contorino through his website ( www.firebirdcamarospecialties.com ) and paid him through PayPal for 8 grill bolts and a Throttle Cable. When I received the cable I knew immediately that it was not for a Firebird and returned it. As an expert, he should have known it was not correct for my car too. In any case, we agreed to exchange it for another part I was after, a Fan Shroud. After 2 weeks of waiting and not giving me any of the requested tracking information, he said the package had come back to him and he'd resend it. I waited another 2 weeks and again nothing.

I paid Mr. Contorino through PayPal, but since he's delayed me in waiting for him my time to file a complaint with PayPal had expired. At this point it's been over 2 months and I'm out $155 for the misrepresented part which I returned to him. My return cost was $6 in the same box he charged me $23 for. I've tried calling him daily and have left messages for the last week but he does not return my calls.

I've since learned of his "F" Rating from the Better Business Bureau which make me wonder how many other people he's sold parts to and not delivered.

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bus...ter-ny-135138/

Mr. Contorino's Business Address is:

Firebird Camaro Specialties of NY
3 Contornino Way, Building 1,
Chester NY 10918

He also does business on eBay as BossCamaro. It appears he does a better job through eBay because of the fear of losing his account, but he has complaints there too.

Please choose not to do business with him on either eBay or through his website. Warn your friends too. There are a lot of better vendors and private parties that actually have integrity in what they sell and at the very minimum actually return messages and ship. Guys like this really are a blight on the hobby and if we all vote with our dollars somewhere else they'll learn screwing someone out of a little money will translate to much more lost money down the road.

If there's anyone near the Chester NY area that would like to get a reward please PM me for details.

Thanks,

Richard B
SD73

Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Senior Chief

I too have had some dealings with Mario. he bought an item on ebay from me. After waiting 3 days and hearing nothing, I sent him a message asking if he was gonna pay for the item. He acted offended and stated that he was a big time business and not to worry. After another 3 days went by I contacted him again and said that business was slow but he would try to have the money to me by the following weekend. After 10 days I filed an upaid complaint so that if he didn't come thru I could at least get my seller fees back which were $75. He also agreed to buy another item from me that wasn't on ebay but he never came thru on either item. At least I did get my seller fees back. I then found a buyer here on the forums who was very happy to get the dash. I hope that you are able to get ur money back from this clown!

Closed Thread