THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
To give a "Visual" on this... A F body "Rolled out" the end of the assy. line ( finished or not) every 45 SECONDS! That means a Firebird on average, was "about" 2 min apart comming out the door based on rough production figures vs camaro.
That's fast enough that if you are standing on the flat track when the line starts it will throw you off balance. You will fall down if you don't have something to hang on to.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Remember my dad's 61 buick LeSabre rolling of the assembly line only to look like a Electra soon after. He worked there for 30 yrs and I for 40. Its a parking lot now. HOW SAD

Old 11-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72pontiac View Post
was going to buy a new 89 gmc truck it had sierra on one side and Silverado on the other.
I ordered a new 3/4 ton GMC Sierra in 1989. When I went to pick it up, it was backed up in front of the dealership by the showroom entrance. You should have seen the look on the salesman's face when he asked if I liked my truck and I told him "no, that's a half ton out there." As it turned out it had 1500 emblems on the drivers side door and 2500 on the passenger side.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Wish I had a dollar for every truck I've seen that was a Chevy on one side and a GMC on the other....

K
I sold stuff to car dealerships back in the 80's/90's. Seeing GMC Chevrolets was pretty common.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In 79 ordered a new Olds. I was supposed to get in about 6 weeks but got called that the strike would delay my car. I think that it was about 2-3 weeks later I was told that I could pick up my new car. I got there and the car was under a covered portico, went in and signed the final papers and drove it off to Ziebard. Walking to the office I looked back at the ca in the sunlight I noticed a "wave" on the side of the car. The car was a metallic bronze and there was a light colored wave all along the side car---both sides. On closer inspection I noticed all kinds of over spray on the passenger side door jambs. I figured out that the car was sitting on the line,almost finished and the strike began. Must be as the workers walked off the line they took their lunch boxes or whatever and scratched it all along both sides of the car. After the strike they must have noticed it and sidetracked the car for a hurried repair. After a big "go around" I finally ordered a different car in Yellow.

The Following User Says Thank You to arbys For This Useful Post: