Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 11-18-2016, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Using factory LS coils with a Megasquirt3 Pro.

Anyone out there running a coil on plug system with LS type coils, and a Megasquirt3 Pro or similar system? I'm trying to set up my coil on plug system and wiring it for the Megasquirt. I am seeing an "igniter" used in conjunction with the factory LS coils? I can't seem to find out what that is, where it is, is it needed to run factory LS coils or is it needed to run aftermarket coils like MSD coils? The Megasquirt wiring harness only has one wire per coil. This is the wire that grounds the injector and you have to supply a 12v source to the injector. Nothing for an igniter. Thank you for any help you can give me. Or, is there an alternative coil to use that would work with that single MS wire?

Mark

Old 11-18-2016, 09:20 PM

You should ask at GRM or DIYautotune, they'll know.