Old 02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Senior Chief

Default 76 Tail light Panel Replacement

I see AMES does offer the tail light replacement panel for a 76 Trans. ANyone bought one from them be4? Is the repro a good one? I took most of the rear off the car today (bumper yet to go, bolts soaking, and I see the lower panel I knew was rusty is part of the upper tail light panel (I thought it was a diff panel, DOH).
And I see why the rear underside of this car is rusty, even with the car sitting in tha garage here in Cincy the rear bottom is damp as hell.

1966 Bonneville - 389/Auto
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Woody Wagon
1996 Thunderbird LX - V8 (new to the drive)
1976 Trans Am - 400 4sp
1981 Honda Express - Scooter - Orig Owner

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Old 02-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default mee too

I need one of these too and I am just as interested in the fit of the part as well.
Anyone have any experiance good or bad?