Old 07-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, The man says register.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
Dennis, we have another 1973 SD-455 Formula that can join the display. Could you please send me an e-mail at mnoun@yahoo.com.

Mike
Mike, I just sent you an email.

Dennis

Old 07-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by notime View Post
Bob, register the car!
Fantastic, the Blackbird is ready! It will be stunning I'm sure coming from Darrell and Billy's capable hands. I can't wait to see it...and it is time to register that beauty!

Dennis

Old 07-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Its not ready yet but it will be. And it will be my worn out hands that will finish it. Billy gone!

Old 07-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Its not ready yet but it will be. And it will be my worn out hands that will finish it. Billy gone!
Sorry to hear that Billy left. I can't wait to see your handiwork...is it going to the TA Nats' possibly?

Dennis

Old 07-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Bob, register the car!
Done. Now get busy because I also registered for Concours judging.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Guys, my car probably doesn't qualify for this esteemed group (especially with Dan Jensen bring a 74 455 RA) but man, what a nice group of Formulas! I'm thinking of making the trip just to see the cars and meet some of you. I'll be at the TA Nats with my car, so if I don't see you there, hopefully we'll meet in Chicago.

BJ

Old 07-10-2017, 06:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

BJ, It's a great show to go to - almost everyone is there.

You should make it an annual thing like the rest of us - perfect time to get away before all of the family fun of the holidays.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 07-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Guys, my car probably doesn't qualify for this esteemed group (especially with Dan Jensen bring a 74 455 RA) but man, what a nice group of Formulas! I'm thinking of making the trip just to see the cars and meet some of you. I'll be at the TA Nats with my car, so if I don't see you there, hopefully we'll meet in Chicago.

BJ
Hey BJ - Your car is perfect for the Formula display and would be more than welcome. Dan isn't bringing his Formula since he is bring a different car for the Pure Stock display, so...if you are willing, I'd be happy to include you in the fun. If yes, email me at dennis.jensen@c2ae.com your contact information and the car's PHS. You have to register yourself on-line using the MCACN's website link.

If you decide not to, listen to Chris and bring yourself anyway. It is an amazing show for a car show due to the quality and variety of cars Bob Ashton gathers together.

Dennis

Old 07-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Senior Chief

I can't wait to see this display, formulas are my favorite, clean and simple cars.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD455DJ View Post
Hey BJ - Your car is perfect for the Formula display and would be more than welcome. Dan isn't bringing his Formula since he is bring a different car for the Pure Stock display, so...if you are willing, I'd be happy to include you in the fun. If yes, email me at dennis.jensen@c2ae.com your contact information and the car's PHS. You have to register yourself on-line using the MCACN's website link.

If you decide not to, listen to Chris and bring yourself anyway. It is an amazing show for a car show due to the quality and variety of cars Bob Ashton gathers together.

Dennis
Sent you an email Dennis.

BJ

Old 07-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
BJ, It's a great show to go to - almost everyone is there.

You should make it an annual thing like the rest of us - perfect time to get away before all of the family fun of the holidays.
Chris,
Dennis talked me into it. I'm registering today and plan to bring the car and have it in the display. Which hotel do you guys usually stay at?

All I have to do now is figure out how to get the car there. I don't own a car hauler, so I will probably try to borrow one from someone here in the ATL, or rent another U-Haul trailer. Reliable quoted $1,275 for one-way. At $2,550 round trip, I'd almost put that money towards buying my own hauler.

BJ

Old 07-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome to the Bird Nest BJ!

Dennis

Old 07-10-2017, 04:08 PM

We're and when is this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain54 View Post
We're and when is this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.mcacn.com

Old 07-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very good news!

Old 07-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD455DJ View Post
Dan isn't bringing his Formula since he is bring a different car for the Pure Stock display, so...
The Silver birds' not going to make it? Too bad, I was really hoping to get a good look at it.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
The Silver birds' not going to make it? Too bad, I was really hoping to get a good look at it.
Mike, unfortunately, he can only bring one car and he's committed to helping fly the Pure Stock banner, but it was a tough decision for him. It is a neat car for sure. Did you go to the TA Nats last year? It was there, but maybe you weren't. We were so busy judging (and sweating) that we didn't hang around our cars much, except for the Tipp City cruise (the best thing about the TA Nats). I'm not sure if he is bringing it again since he has 3 birds to choose from.

Dennis

Old 07-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nope, my mom passed last year around that time, so it was a little surreal.

I'll be at Norwalk and Fairborn, OH (I still have to find a room somewhere), just no car.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Chris,
Dennis talked me into it. I'm registering today and plan to bring the car and have it in the display. Which hotel do you guys usually stay at?

All I have to do now is figure out how to get the car there. I don't own a car hauler, so I will probably try to borrow one from someone here in the ATL, or rent another U-Haul trailer. Reliable quoted $1,275 for one-way. At $2,550 round trip, I'd almost put that money towards buying my own hauler.

BJ
....and just like that he's in!

We stay at the Embassy Suites across the street they have a great breakfast that if you stay at one of the other hotels you can usually crash. They also have a happy hour, I think I made that once.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978