THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-04-2023, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lost World, Jurassic Park; Jeff Goldblum driving a 69 LeMans through the streets of San Diego while being chased by a T-Rex

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express
2024 Cadillac LYRIQ

Old 01-04-2023, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo View Post
Slapshot...what a great movie...classic
Sure was love the Hansen brothers I had a Hansen work for me in construction he was just like those guys and his two freinds were like the brothers. Except one was a red head and one was black . They were great guys though lots of fun.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 01-04-2023, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The movie industry has exploded here in the Metro Atlanta area, especially here on the south side. My wife and I have become acquainted with quite a few people in the industry and one day a lady was out here and saw my cars.
Finding film locations, houses, cars, etc. is her job and she strongly suggested that if interested, to send them a few photos so that I could rent my car out.
She implied that they had a lot more money to throw at people for that kind of stuff than you could imagine.
Several of my neighbors have made big money renting out their yards and houses for a few days at a time..

Old 01-04-2023, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Personally I wouldn't trust anyone in the movie industry with my car. We've all seen how they treat our cars in these movies. Just sayin'

Old 01-04-2023, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtospieg View Post
Personally I wouldn't trust anyone in the movie industry with my car. We've all seen how they treat our cars in these movies. Just sayin'
I'm more worried about how they treat these props when the cameras aren't rolling. On the set of Rust, the crew shot at cans between takes. And they didn't have any single action revolvers to spare.

Classic car dealership next to Blockbuster. White 66 GTO convertible on the lot. Wander over, salesman pounces. Sigh. He's all excited because the dealer's in-house paint department gets to repaint it, score!! What?!? The 21 Jump Street people would sit on top of it, it's just a rental. It had minor scrapes, scratches, and dents all over. He didn't specify whether it was the production's cast or crew.

And star cars don't fare much better. Spotted the transporter for Supernatural, and checked out the "musclecars" on the back. Both had obvious paint touchups and blending. And rubber inside the rear wheelwell, nice.

Old 01-05-2023, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Every ding and dent on my car was put there by me and they happened when it was stationary in my garage.
I've gotten to where I'm just not that anal about it anymore.

Old 01-05-2023, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not anal about my car either...it's been down the track about 40 times and I burn the tires frequently. I DO THAT STUFF...I'm not gonna let ANYONE else beat my car. I know how to beat it without breaking it...they don't care....that's my point. It's not theirs and they don't care.

The Following User Says Thank You to gtospieg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2023, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wasn't calling you anal if that's what you were thinking gtospieg. I was simply talking about me and my attitude about my car.
$1200 a day for what would usually be my car simply parked on the street in the background can remove a lot of anxiety about the car for me. Remember, just because you rent your car to a movie doesn't mean it is going to be driven by any of the main characters or driven at all except on and off the shooting location.
All of the cars we're talking about in this thread belonged to someone who rented it out for a movie.
l would imagine that most of them are still around and still nice.
I haven't spoken to anyone about it yet but I'm pretty sure I can tell them what's acceptable and what's not acceptable to me when using my car.
I know at least one member on this site that has done it several times with his car. I'll have to ask him about his experience.

Old 01-06-2023, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Greg, I didn't think you were calling me anal, although to be fair most of us probably are to a degree. I'm just saying I wouldn't trust the movie industry with my car. I'm sure plenty of people have rented their cars to the "movies" and not had a problem. I drive my car plenty and beat it frequently but it's never out of my sight unless parked at a show, which doesn't happen very often at all. I'd much rather be driving it than staring at it. If our GTO's weren't meant to be driven and beaten they would still be Tempests.

Old 01-06-2023, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, lf l decide to do it I'll admit that it would be a major swing in attitude by me.
The only person that's ever touched my car, for any reason, other than me is the guy that painted it. I even take the wheels off and carry them to the tire store when I want to replace the tires!

Old 01-06-2023, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Greg, The only person who has driven my car is the painter and I also bring my wheels to the tire place. See, we are all a bit anal about our cars.

Old 01-07-2023, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Notice l said not AS anal as l used to be....but l'm still a member of the tribe..lol

Old 01-07-2023, 01:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If you get a hold of the right people, you can sometimes arrange to keep your car under your control the entire time. They contacted car clubs looking for pre-40s vehicles, friend had a 32. His task was simple, drive back and forth along the strip. No funny business allowed, follow what the folks directing the traffic tell you to do. Like a paid extra, they might hand you a shirt if what you're wearing is just wrong.

That's the pro. The con was that he was supposed to be available on short-notice. It all worked out in the end, but it was a one-time deal. Still, having an image in their database won't cost you a thing. Some productions here were coughing up $50 for just recommending suitable filming locations, didn't have to be yours or even available (because they will throw money at the things they want).

Old 01-07-2023, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Most cars in movies/tv are just background. Either parked on the street or crusing up and down in the background. Most here being car people have probably noticed that you see the same cars over and over.
They were filming in front of an old 1960s motel here a few years ago. The place had been vacant since the early '90s and even then, it wasn't a motel. Some people were living in the rooms and paying monthly rent. It has since been torn down.
They did a cosmetic resto on the building, added a new sign and had several '60s cars parked out front as if they were staying in the motel. They were just decor to set the time period.

Old 01-15-2023, 12:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Seen this gem today...

Sweet charger but kind of an abrupt ending lol...

Old 01-16-2023, 06:51 PM

Default Andy Dufresne

Shawshank Redemption Andy Dufresne in a Red 1969 GTO headed for the Pacific.
Awesome movie awesome car
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFC1D9E5-9D46-4815-B14C-DD250399994D.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	605335  

Old 01-16-2023, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	324899471_722097679548347_8633236561367465335_n.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	605341   Click image for larger version

Name:	320471310_862510564801103_5758447824878982210_n.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	605342  

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 01-16-2023, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oddball fun fact about Shawshank 69 GTO Vert

Was said that the timeline plot for Andy's escape - predated the production of 69 GTO's.
Either the escape tunnel was a time warp tunnel , or Hollywood goofed it just a little using a 69.

I didn't come up with that , read it somewhere on here.

Old 01-16-2023, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sort of looks like Don The Snake Prudhomme Cuda Funny Car coming up behind the exploding dragster.
And it was 5:25 pm

Old 01-16-2023, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I believe that is Don Garlits big explosion, which made him build rear engine dragster?

The car behind is in staging lane.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates