THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

https://southbend.craigslist.org/cto...745592389.html

Beemer, anyone?

Old 11-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...86281565321071

4WD Sunbird.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by post toastie View Post
The 2 door looks to be a sprint, pretty rare car, the 4 door hardtop is rare as hens teeth both are basket cases, buildable?

Old 11-11-2018, 05:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
If I saw a hooker driving that car ... it would be done deal, my kind of girl

Old 11-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Senior Chief

Default Creative Writing

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/c...742146705.html

Best of 12.88 @ 105 so far
Old 11-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"So my brother is one of those wild man thrill seaker types, fast cars, motorcycle racing, I've literally watched him grab a stick and wrangle a rattlesnake, the boy ain't right. This year on his quest to meet the devil face to face (and call him a bit*h) he picked up a new adventure, dating Hispanic women. As a basis of comparison this is a lot like owning a GSXR 1000, you get a killer body coupled to a statistical probability of 28% that you don't make it out alive. So he brings her over and upon our introduction she looks right past me and exclaims "oh my god is that an elcamino?". At that very moment a dim light turned on in my head and I realized Hispanic women like this car! That's right, buying this car will literally spice up your life. Imagine the possibilities, just cruising your car truck livin la vida loca all over town, salsa dancing, possibly all that booty shaking stuff you see on the internet, we're talking a real game changer from Susan in accounting. At this point in my advertisement any normal hombres out there have already grabbed a fist full of dollars, put on that green pancho, lit that cigar and saddled up to get to my house. Owning my elcamino is going to be the icebreaker to your next 63 relationships but you rookies out there need to know it's not going to be all sunshine and rainbows. To be honest 99% of these new flings are going down in a flaming wreck like you jumped in a plane with Ritchie Valens. The small block in this car fires up instantly and makes decent power. The floors were sanded to bare metal and painted, not 1 pinhole. The body is solid as a rock except for a small amount of filler in the lower rear quarter, however don't bust my chops over that or I'll make fun of your next girlfriends painted on eyebrows, that picachu lookin mamasita. The engine code in the vin is a U making this car a factory big block 396/402 car. Even though the small block runs great I'd recommend putting the 396 back in there because there's no way them ex girlfriends are gonna keep up with a big block.
Thanks for reading my ad. Please enjoy my satire for what it is and don't be an offended baby. This is a nice solid vehicle, not an Illinois rot box.
Trade for hyabusa, zx-10, or LS1 camaro."

Pretty funny.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 11-11-2018, 11:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalina_dream View Post

Hahahaha

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 11-13-2018, 05:01 PM

Has the elusive 71 Ram Air IV.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/ct...736260855.html

Old 11-13-2018, 05:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two_70_Converts View Post
The little yellow ribbon tied to the cigarette lighter is a nice touch. Really adds to the overall appearance...

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 11-13-2018, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It has a siren under the hood, worth every penny

Old 11-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

And it’s got Edelbrock heads?

How does a car rust like that with no problems in the door jambs, trunk, etc?

Old 11-13-2018, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How about a VW based kit car that sorta resembles a 70-73 Camaro? Could be yours for only $3500.00. Ad says it has Ferrari Wheels.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/...732645299.html

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)
Old 11-13-2018, 08:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerjeff View Post
How about a VW based kit car that sorta resembles a 70-73 Camaro? Could be yours for only $3500.00. Ad says it has Ferrari Wheels.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/...732645299.html
That is THE most ridiculous, laughable looking thing I have ever seen! I actually, literally laughed out loud...it looks like a go cart. What was he thinking?!

Old 11-13-2018, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans1 View Post
That is THE most ridiculous, laughable looking thing I have ever seen! I actually, literally laughed out loud...it looks like a go cart. What was he thinking?!
Clown car.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two_70_Converts View Post
I don't know what kind of engine it has but that car really looks to have good potential. Interior and trunk condition is hard reconcile with the condition of the sheet metal.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:54 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I don't know what kind of engine it has but that car really looks to have good potential. Interior and trunk condition is hard reconcile with the condition of the sheet metal.
I don't know if we're looking at the same car, but "good potential" is not how I would describe that one.. "restorable" would be more like it, but barely. That car is rough. Don't get me wrong, its worth saving, but that $16k asking price is simply hilarious.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I like cars that don't appear to have ever been disassembled and that one doesn't... Not at first glance anyway.
I agree that $16K is way too much. Maybe not even half that. Really didn't pay much attention to the price initially.
Money aside, I like it for the fact that it appears to have been neglected but never abused (beyond that neglect). Floor and frame pics would definitely be required to make a good assessment but the trunk shot makes me think that it's solid down below, in spite of the severely rusty exterior...Salt air maybe? I'd be very curious to see it with the carpets ripped out.
I agree that you'd be upside down in it at just about any price though unless you could do all the work yourself.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:39 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I like cars that don't appear to have ever been disassembled and that one doesn't... Not at first glance anyway.
I agree that $16K is way too much. Maybe not even half that. Really didn't pay much attention to the price initially.
Money aside, I like it for the fact that it appears to have been neglected but never abused (beyond that neglect). Floor and frame pics would definitely be required to make a good assessment but the trunk shot makes me think that it's solid down below, in spite of the severely rusty exterior...Salt air maybe? I'd be very curious to see it with the carpets ripped out.
I agree that you'd be upside down in it at just about any price though unless you could do all the work yourself.
The heavy corrosion visible on various parts of the interior(headlight switch, horn ring, etc) and patterns of exterior rust definitely indicate salt air, as opposed to salty roads.. but still, noticeable holes all over the body, significant body damage on top of that, and odds are there really are very few usable interior pieces, not to mention trim and such.. and that all adds up to a car where you will be replacing almost everything anyway, so the unmolested aspect of it really means very little. To me, an original unmolested car only has additional value if it is in such a condition where you can keep it original and unmolested, ie a survivor in at least passable condition. That car needs a total restoration, not just a light once over.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, at that price the debate is moot....because it's probably going to stay just like it is. I can imagine it getting passed around, disassembled at some point and left to finish rotting.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I remember a 64 GTO at GTOAA Nationals in Bellevue, WA. in about the same shape that got lots of attention. Price is high on this one, but just buy and drive it.