67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

thanks for the pictures/info Alvin.

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 05-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Discovery Channel has decide the car is worth $100,000 -- not with that monkey bird on the hood.

Noticed that silver 67 has 69 400 baffles installed. As far as I know, if they're not 400 and/or A.C. cars, they shouldn't even have them. I guess the Gas Monkeys have changed what the definition of concours is.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Suspended

Arrow Some more Chum for The Shark Tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainofiron View Post
thanks for the pictures/info Alvin.
My pleasure El Capitan! http://youtu.be/fPU7cnp5tq0

Forgot to include this additional OP info posted in the Lobby Thread http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...90#post5194189
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...Was surprised not to see the "Buick" air cleaner decals too! How'd they miss that "expert restoration detail?"

Finally had some time to scan in the program center section. I literally laughed out loud when reading the "barn find" text below. Judge for yourself. Enjoy!

Old 05-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Senior Chief

I watch the show on occasion simply because it's about cars. I'd rather watch F&L than American Idol or The Bachelor or some other dorky show.

I'm smart enough in life and about cars to know what's realistic and what's nonsense so I don't get too upset about the little things.

As I stated before, #1 and #2 are unique finds and it's pretty cool to see that they have survived but my opinion is that I'd take a documented RAII car with a 4 speed and 3:90's any day of the week over #1 and #2 combined.

Greg
68 Firebird Verdoro Green
428, 6X-4 heads, Comp XE284 cam
Muncie 4 speed
3:73 rear
Old 05-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would take any first gen over any brand new GM product.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71SportRagtop View Post
my opinion is that I'd take a documented RAII car with a 4 speed and 3:90's any day of the week over #1 and #2 combined.
This goes without saying....

Old 05-13-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I watch the show on occasion simply because it's about cars. I'd rather watch F&L than American Idol or The Bachelor or some other dorky show.

I'm smart enough in life and about cars to know what's realistic and what's nonsense so I don't get too upset about the little things.

As I stated before, #1 and #2 are unique finds and it's pretty cool to see that they have survived but my opinion is that I'd take a documented RAII car with a 4 speed and 3:90's any day of the week over #1 and #2 combined.
Well put. Almost everything we watch on TV is entertainment first. Two pretty cool cars beats most anything else on TV every time.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:38 AM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko View Post
Well put. Almost everything we watch on TV is entertainment first. Two pretty cool cars beats most anything else on TV every time.
Here http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...=767527&page=2
Re: "They need a graveyard carz show with Pontiacs"

Last edited by Alvin; 01-09-2015 at 01:10 AM.