THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

drones have gotten way out of hand, and its only going to get worse--they can invade your privacy and fly away and you cant catch them or do much about it--unless you shoot it down, which i believe if it is over your property you have the right to do? they can buzz in and take pics and leave and you dont even know they are there--townships can use them to spy on people with stuff in their yard--bypassing the "no tresspassing" signs totally. one has a right to privacy on their land--and drones totally violate that.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

there are many issues with the use of drones. they can be used to spy on people, they could crash on your property and cause a field or a house fire, they can be used to case a home for a potential robbery by locating the cameras and/or security devices and subverting them. they are also a danger to real planes and aircraft. i dont always like govt intervention, but they need some serious laws about drones and over private property it should be considered a hostile tresspasser and the land owner can take action--up to and including confiscating and or destroying it.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:21 PM

Bet if he gets a new one it does not make the same route

original ca car
Old 07-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Cop doesn't have to arrest. Prosecuter dosnt have to charge. "Yeah I'd have done it too"(but I wouldn't have been arrested) is what the cop should have said.
Jerks all the way around. Hope a jury flips em all off and lets him walk.
Lick my wanton nuts recklessly, officer whatever his name was!!!!
Steve

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
Old 07-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You know i,d claim self defense as that thing tried to hurt me.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Use a pellet gun. No noise. Problem solved! Won't raise any issues like shooting a firearm...

Old 07-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Man shoots down drone

I see these things showing up more and more at car shows, which is definitely an accident looking for a place to happen. Too many things can go wrong even if the operator actually knows what he is doing. I'm usually pretty mellow about things, but I get really PO'd when one of these things appear. Evidently, all you have to do is buy one and use trial and error to figure out how to fly it. They don't appear to be regulated in any way. I really don't want some moron figuring out the difference between up and down on a joy stick with this thing flying right over one of my cars. To me, this is no different than a couple of guys setting up a game of horseshoes on the edge of the car show parking lot. Gee, wonder what could happen. Every car show I have ever attended prohibits kids from riding bikes, skateboards, etc. among the show cars, but now we have to deal with drone jockeys. I hate the damn things. Can you tell?

Old 07-29-2015, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Yeah...

shotgun a little too attention grabbing...I'm betting I could nail one with my .22. If I'm on the jury...he walks.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wonder how old the daughter is and could the operator be charged with something there. He should have got that thing and got the card.

A drone fizzled out at caffine and octane here in ATL a month ago. It hit a car, bounced off and hit another. Don't know about damage but needless to say they were not out there this month. You give people something and they will always find ways to abuse it and of course the idiots get ahold of it too. I'm for regulation too.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 07-30-2015, 12:14 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
problem is unless the four guys were armed and threatening Mr Meredith with bodily harm, am afraid Mr Meridith wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on if he shot them.
But he didn't have to, and so it ended as most such altercations do when an armed citizen is threatened. I would call this the best possible outcome.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 07-30-2015, 12:53 AM
Suspended

Lightbulb

Noticed this topic was on a TV news broadcast crawler yesterday

"Amazon proposes dividing air into drone zones"
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...zone/30798777/

for 200 to 400 feet of "air space" - see their proposal chart below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	404065  

Old 07-30-2015, 05:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Did the citizen yell "pull"?
Did he "lead it" (the drone)?

Old 07-30-2015, 07:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Charlottesville, VA banned the use of them over a year ago. Seemed dumb at the time. Not so much now.

When we put our house on the Mkt. they used a drone to take Pics of the exterior. About 2/3 of the way through the shoot, the guy crashed it. He had done every listing for this realtor for some time. So, even experienced operators could injure someone with one. Wish I had been there to see it, but better I was not.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 07-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We are waiting on the first poor schmuck to be boppin' along on his mornin' stroll enjoying the birds and the sun and God's creations and then get smacked on the side of his skull with the pointy end of his technonerd neighbors out of control drone, which coincidently, was spying on him.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry M. Hunt View Post
I see these things showing up more and more at car shows, which is definitely an accident looking for a place to happen. Too many things can go wrong even if the operator actually knows what he is doing. I'm usually pretty mellow about things, but I get really PO'd when one of these things appear. Evidently, all you have to do is buy one and use trial and error to figure out how to fly it. They don't appear to be regulated in any way. I really don't want some moron figuring out the difference between up and down on a joy stick with this thing flying right over one of my cars. To me, this is no different than a couple of guys setting up a game of horseshoes on the edge of the car show parking lot. Gee, wonder what could happen. Every car show I have ever attended prohibits kids from riding bikes, skateboards, etc. among the show cars, but now we have to deal with drone jockeys. I hate the damn things. Can you tell?
Terry, I was at a car show last fall where a guy had a drone flying overhead
and coming down hovering right over the show cars. A big fight ensued when one of the car show participants offered to shove the joystick up the guy's behind.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We had a drone buzzing and flying over a concert not long ago. Totally legit, it was just to snap panoramic shots of the crowd. But that thing was huge. Strap to it was the panoramic cam with quite a large objective. I guess the entire rig weighed at least 20lbs.

Of the 1000 or so people, half of them were breaking their necks looking at that contraption. And it was loud.

We used to have rigs with cables that span over the field. Like the NFL does. Seems like old tech now. Bring the drones!!!!

Just imagine if it was to fall down on people... I hate those damn things.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
Must be some Glock!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
As was mentioned before, 40 mm Glock? Why did he feel the need to tell the reporter the specs on his pistol?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	journalist guide to firearms.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	404074  

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 07-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It will be curious how this case plays out.
One could argue that, according to the article, since there was a 16 year old girl sunbathing (the neighbor), that the drone was hovering near, could the drone owners/operators be charged the same as you would a peeping Tom? With only the details from the article to go by, I say you could.

The cops should have confiscated the sim card.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Pellet gun ingenious! better yet sling shot . Silence .

Old 07-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Senior Chief

The drone operator was no victim and should be charged with some kind of privacy violation and probably endangerment as he could crash the thing into someone as well.

Our hero was properly charged, Shooting a gun in the air, in the city is asking for trouble,,no telling where or who the projectile(s) will hit.

If the drone was flying as low as reported you could knock it out of the sky with anything you had handy and could toss or swing that high. Pretty sure a lawn chair would have worked and made for a very fun story to tell.