Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 04-13-2002, 12:47 PM
Senior Chief

Heck, live on the edge! Do what you feel! Just picture yourself under the motor hanging and do what you feel! Me living in a gambling town.....I'd go for the old "the bigger the better" . Just for peace of mind I use the intake, or exhaust bolts for support. I'm sure you will hear all stories about "i did it this way and never got hurt" , But do what is the safest, not easiest! Good luck!

[ April 13, 2002: Message edited by: retrojoe ]</p>

"It beats pickin' cotton and waitin' to be forgotten"

Old 04-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Senior Chief

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, At my job, I hear from the managers how "on paper this should work", but in real life it's a whole different ballgame! Please do the safe, sure thing and do not push the limits when it comes to safety. I'm sorry that I'm old school of bigger is better!

"It beats pickin' cotton and waitin' to be forgotten"

Old 04-13-2002, 09:58 PM

Just a quick story about a couple of knuckleheads.
Seems they had seen an engine pulled once and thought it can't be all that hard. They had seen the chains running front to rear before so thats what they did. To their credit they made it half way over the fender of the truck with a 300 six before the valve cover bolt broke and dumped the motor on the right front fender. No one got hurt but they can still breed so someone probably will. Just be careful and remember you don't need a permit to buy tools.