Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 AM

Thanks Paul I 'll check with HPP, Also I know the headphone thing is not on that cars PHS. It is really loaded though and quite original it's had some quarter panel work but has not been off the frame yet.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:45 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

A few more additions today, anything else before I go back to sleep for a couple of months?

Quote:
1. Cameo White, ivory, white, Auto VIN # 242671P131352 Pontiac Invoice
Previous owners Bill Wieman in AZ and Mike Green in CA. Sold at Mecum Indy Spring auction May 22, 2010, new owner unknown to me at this time.

2. Cameo White, ivory, white, Auto
Dr. Tom Lane’s: The car was bought by Roger Norris in 1979 from Dr. Tom Lane in Levittown, PA and still remains with the Norris Family here in the US.
A nice picture provided by gto4door from PY

3. Cameo white, black, black, Auto
No information

4. Quezal Gold, black, black, 4 Speed VIN # 242671P121426
Current owner Milt Robson, currently being repainted to original color, was Gary Daniels in Tulsa probably sold for $300,000+, prior to Gary was owned by the original purchaser who painted it blue in before taking delivery. Options Fresh paint early in 2007 1 RM Auctions is selling this car (no reserve) on Nov.13, 2010 at Milt's estate in Georgia (I’ve heard this is an on and off deal with this particular car, guess we shall see on 11/13)

5. Aztec Gold, sienna, sandalwood, Auto
No information

6. Aztec Gold, ivory, white, 4 Speed
It’s been a long standing rumor that this car was totaled just after it was sold new; within the circle of those who are “in the know”.

7. Special paint Camaro Rally Green, ivory, white, Auto
Owned by Mike Green in California, originally from FL and the original motor was last reported in FL with a previous owner.

8. Tropical Lime, black, black, Auto VIN # 242671P110472 Pontiac invoice
Was Dan McKinnon's in VA; in Canada and for sale at Legendary Motor, possibly in Texas at the moment.

9. Tropical lime, black, white, Auto VIN # 242671P101929 Pontiac invoice
Current owner Alan Reed, was in Kansas for 20 plus years. Additional Pictures: 1 2 3 4 5

10. Cardinal red, black, white, Auto VIN # 242671P104128 (Note: VIN is not verified by invoice or owner)
Current owner Steve Ames, un restored.

11. Cardinal Red, black, black, 4 Speed VIN # 242671P106957 Pontiac invoice
Current owner Kevin Suydam in Seattle; was Gary Cave's, was in Sweden before Gary. The car in Sweden back in the 70’s: Picture

12. Laurentian Green, black, black, Auto VIN # 242671P110372 Pontiac invoice
Was Steve and Noreen Brown's; restored by Scott Tiemann, Sold 12/10/05 at auction for $197,500 +10% auction buyers fee. As can be seen by the color codes the top color has been changed, possibly in Texas at the moment. Additional Pictures: 1 2 3 4

13. Laurentian Green, ivory, white, Auto
Not sure if this is the correct picture per car; possibly owned by Mike Green in CA, possibly from CO before that.

14. Canyon Copper, sienna, sandalwood, Auto VIN # 242671P110916 Pontiac Invoice
Current owner Ron Johnson of Potomac Classic bought this car in pieces and is now having it restored. PA. Ron has no intentions of selling the car at this time.

15. Starlight Black, sienna, white, Auto
Rumored to have been destroyed in a fire sometime in the 80’s.

16. Lucerne Blue, blue, white, Auto VIN # 242671P1*****
The correct car has just turned up in Maine where it has been all its life; more to follow hopefully. After restoration pics: 1 2 Options: "Judge" pkg, Safe-T-Track, P/B Radio, PS, PB, Mats frt/rear, Console, Turbo Hydromatic, Rally wheels, MSRP $4865.05.

17. Castilian Bronze, Sienna, Sandlewood, Auto VIN # 242671P110366 Pontiac invoice
In Georgia and owned by Tom Stutzman. Current picture: 1 Pictures

The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Hoog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Since 11 of the 17 Verts were built at the Pontiac plant, were all 17 built there?

Also, a quote from earlier in this post:

Quote:
JM or Fred Simmons has circulated 14 VIN's years ago, with the story the other 3 VIN's are not known. Don't know for sure what to think about that one.
Where's the list of the 14 known VIN's?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 09-16-2010, 02:21 PM
formerly Steved400

I think that is bull that only 14 are known about; how else did FS get the details for 17, make sense?

FS is the one that dug them up from what I have been told, maybe even by FS but the phone calls I had with him were much too long ago to remember details.

I know that Gary Cave and Gary Daniels had/have the list; GD has lost his in boxes of paper work. GC confessed to have the list via phone years ago, but was not willing to share.

I have 9 VIN's and at least 4 more would be considered known just that I don't have them. (Car 2, 7, 13, and 16)

Old 09-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

#13 is updated along with pics on page 16 of this post

Old 09-16-2010, 03:21 PM
formerly Steved400

Rick, done.

Oh, any chance of getting a pic on 7 and or the VIN's of 7 and 13?

Old 09-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

no pics of the Gator Green car or VIN's. Maybe the Gator Green car will emerge someday restored, doesn't get much better than a special paint '71 Judge ragtop!

Old 09-16-2010, 05:12 PM
formerly Steved400

I had talked to the guy in Florida that had the block via phone many years ago, a shame I didn't think to ask him for the VIN. I doubt I could track that guy down again.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve:
Does the owner of #16 not want to be identified on your list or share his VIN. He is a member here on the board (Gramps) and there are a bunch of photos of his car from Dayton.

BJ

Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 PM
formerly Steved400

I asked him in one two or three PM's if he would share the VIN, name, or Invoice and I never got a response.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He is not on here much now that the resto is complete and he had it at Dayton. I think I have his contact info and will shoot you a PM with it.

BJ

Old 09-17-2010, 11:22 PM

Default Judges

PM'd you Steve.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
COOL! PY Barbecue at BJ's house!

I just ordered my catalog (includes 2 tickets to auction & cocktail party), heading down Friday to DC to meet up with a buddy of mine & we'll be there for Saturday.
Chris - got my catalog in the mail this morning and it is amazing. Great quality photos throughout - definitley worth the $82 bucks and getting to see Milts estate and collection again is going to be awesome. Our GTO club is going for this final visit - we've been several times before; sort of sad to think this collection is getting broken up. Milt is selling his estate as well - all 435 acres. Let me know when you are getting in and where you're staying.

BJ

Old 10-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Originally Posted by The Boss

I just ordered my catalog (includes 2 tickets to auction & cocktail party), heading down Friday to DC to meet up with a buddy of mine & we'll be there for Saturday.

The tickets to the reception "cocktail" party requires bidder registration of $150.00

The catalog gets one into the preview and front door ONLY.

Just a FYI for anyone.....

Jeff

Old 10-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
Originally Posted by The Boss

The tickets to the reception "cocktail" party requires bidder registration of $150.00

The catalog gets one into the preview and front door ONLY.

Just a FYI for anyone.....

Jeff
I saw that too Jeff, fired off an e-mail yesterday, no response yet. Not really an issue, the guy I'm going with will be bidding.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Chris - got my catalog in the mail this morning and it is amazing. Great quality photos throughout - definitley worth the $82 bucks and getting to see Milts estate and collection again is going to be awesome. Our GTO club is going for this final visit - we've been several times before; sort of sad to think this collection is getting broken up. Milt is selling his estate as well - all 435 acres. Let me know when you are getting in and where you're staying.

BJ
BJ, we'll be getting in early afternoon on Friday, PM me a phone number and I'll give you a call - first beer (or bar tab) is on me.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would love to have everyone that is attending get together at our restaurant sometime during the event. We're located off of I-85, about halfway between Milt's place and Atlanta. http://locosgrill.com/locations/10/Sugarloaffive-forks

PM me and we'll set it up.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 10-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
I would love to have everyone that is attending get together at our restaurant sometime during the event. We're located off of I-85, about halfway between Milt's place and Atlanta. http://locosgrill.com/locations/10/Sugarloaffive-forks

PM me and we'll set it up.
Jerry that is a great idea - maybe Saturday evening after the auction? I know SEGTOA is going to have a few members going plus some PY members.

BJ

Old 10-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I saw that too Jeff, fired off an e-mail yesterday, no response yet. Not really an issue, the guy I'm going with will be bidding.
Early on it was posted somewhere that the reception tickets was included....I am positive.

I called and confirmed before posting yesterday that it requires the $150. bidder fee.

I see there are some lots of NOS parts not listed and not for online bidding.

Anyone know how substantial these lots are?

The collectibles listed was dissapointing. I thought he had more.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
Early on it was posted somewhere that the reception tickets was included....I am positive.

I called and confirmed before posting yesterday that it requires the $150. bidder fee.

I see there are some lots of NOS parts not listed and not for online bidding.

Anyone know how substantial these lots are?

The collectibles listed was dissapointing. I thought he had more.
I'd also be interested in knowing what's available as far as parts go. Can't go myself, and I just have visions of piles of 2011 distributors, 8436 starters, 273 carbs, and 4.33 rears being sold for pennies on the dollar!

Scott