Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 05-21-2024, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think that million mile engine had to be using some Lucas oil stabilizer some STP and a little Sea Foam to do so good. It couldn't be just plain old oil.

Old 05-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Shaefers is not just "plain old oil". Its the best oil there is.
What other oil gets both more MPG and more horsepower on a dyno ? Gest 1,000,000miles from a unreliable engine ?
It has the highest rated reviews I have ever seen on Amazon. That in itself does not mean a whole lot but never seen a product get reviews like them.

Old 05-22-2024, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Answer is Shaefers oil. They got 1,000,000 + miles out of one of those things and it looked new inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDF1zcaxrNU
3000 mile oil changes from new are all that's necessary. Any other needs are from extended oil changes.

Years ago I swapped a used engine with 100,000ish miles. Swapped the intake first and was depressed with all the sludge. It was all I had so in it went. Few years later swapped the intake again. Antique car. Oil changes annually. Maybe 500 miles a year. Detergent oil cleaned every ounce of sludge. I was shocked.