THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-05-2024, 12:42 AM

Default Tracking down an engine build from Butler Performance

I need to track down info on an engine. I just bought a 64 GTO. The goat has a 421 engine in it that was built by Butler Performance in 2018. If I contact Butler Performance, would they still have a build sheet on this engine? I know the name of the shop that purchased the engine, approximate cost, and the year it was purchased. I’m hoping that they can help. I need to know specifics like cam, crank, compression, dyno, etc. Thanks!!

Old 05-05-2024, 08:22 AM

They should have a copy. A few years back, I purchased a Butler-built stroker motor from an individual, and it came with copies of all the original paperwork.

Old 05-05-2024, 09:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Rather than ask here, why dont you just call Butler? I have spent a grand total of about $40 with them over the years. I was having a problem with a motor and called looking for a part. The fellow that answered the phone was more than helpful and treated me like I had spent a million $$ there. I would imagine they have records on what they have built over the years.

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2024, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

if it has edelbrock heads they will have a number that butler stamps into them. they will be able to look that up as well. unless they are just out of the box e-heads.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Business must have died down... I was looking to get an engine built in 2021, and they said "too busy to return calls."