THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-12-2021, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooski View Post
Did they jump the fence cuz the grass was greener on that side?

They liked the willow tree. Ate it up as far as they can reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-12-2021, 09:02 AM

Default Bobcats

Radman,
Great Pictures, what game camera are you using. I'm in the search, thanks

Old 11-12-2021, 09:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAGIMAN View Post
Radman,
Great Pictures, what game camera are you using. I'm in the search, thanks
Cabela's outfitter GEN 3. Good pictures, time stamp, temperature stamp, and moon phase. at the bottom of the picture.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2021, 01:36 PM
Boost Engineer

Have posted this before, I saw a Bobcat kill a small fox (test track guard used to feed them at night -the foxes).
Bobcar rushed out of the brush, the foxes scattered, he targeted one and killed it quickly.
About the size of the Bobcats in your picture.
Never saw two of them together until now in your picture. And in Ohio too.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-12-2021, 02:18 PM
Senior Chief

About 2 years ago we had a family of deer meet in our front yard. This was late in the morning (about 10:30 AM) and they looked right at us taking their picture through the front window, less than 10 feet away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer Family In Front Yard - 01.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	577554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer Family In Front Yard - 02.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	577555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer Family In Front Yard - 03.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	577556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer Family In Front Yard - 04.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	577557  

-----------------------------------
GTO-The Great One for 1967
-----------------------------------
Old 11-12-2021, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I ended up face to face with a bobcat one morning while bowhunting elk out in WA, back in the eighties. Me and a buddy hiked up a logging road to the top of a ridge he had previously scouted. We split up towards the top. About the same time the sun was high enough to see, I walked up on a bobcat sitting on a stump overlooking the valley below. We stared at each other for a couple seconds, about 20 yards apart, and the bobcat jumped away, never to be seen again.

I saw one about 5-10 years ago crossing the road not too far from my house, at night on the way home from the drag strip. I have seen black Bear in the same area years ago. They actually roamed the woods behind my house back then. The same section of road is now lined with houses, and a 45 MPH speed limit.

If you look at Google Maps you can see how the woods are connected to the Great Dismal Swamp. The Bears have to cross a couple roads, but they can basically work their way East into the area I live. A few years ago they logged the timber behind my house, so the bears no longer have a reason to wander as far as they used to.

Times have changed in the last ten years.

As far as the whitetail deer, they do some crazy stuff this time of year when they go into rut. The buck’s kinda loose any common sense, as they chase the doe’s. Sometimes it seems like they are thicker in the residential areas adjacent to wooded areas. I see a lot of them in the pre dawn darkness on the way to work this time of year. I also see a lot more dead ones on the side of the road this time of year as well.

T-400/PTC 4000/390's/30x9 Hoosier radial slicks,#3400
1.38 60' 6.32 @ 108 MPH at Northeast Dragway NC 5/23/15 (9th pass on new engine)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePCu2v...ature=youtu.be

1.37 60' 6.26 @ 109 half track, 9.86 @ 136 1/4 mile, #3350 11/26/16 at Richmond Dragway (125th pass on new engine)
Old 11-12-2021, 04:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67TIGER View Post
About 2 years ago we had a family of deer meet in our front yard. This was late in the morning (about 10:30 AM) and they looked right at us taking their picture through the front window, less than 10 feet away.
Ever have a male charge you during the rut??

Not fun...thought he was going to jump on our deck and blast through the french doors like you see on TV sometimes.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 11-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My daughter saw one about two weeks ago in her back yard. Also saw one a couple of years ago. LOTS of woods behind her house. Cyotes are there too so they share the habitat.

Old 11-12-2021, 05:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigto View Post
Ever have a male charge you during the rut??

Not fun...thought he was going to jump on our deck and blast through the french doors like you see on TV sometimes.
In The early 90s, late October, I was driving the company van in the Oil City area of PA about 3 PM. I was in a wooded area on 2 lane blacktop and heard a huge thump on the passenger side of the van. I looked in the mirror and saw a buck going head over heels along the side of the road, the car behind me swerved to avoid the deer. As soon as he stops rolling he gets up and shakes it off, then runs back into the woods.

Near as I can figure by the small dent on the quarter, he charged the van, and came out on the losing end, at least by my account.......

When I lived in one of my past homes built on the edge of a 200 acre wooded tract, we used to have deer grazing in the yard, just outside of the sliding patio doors, within 15 feet of the doors. As long as you didn't move quickly, they would keep on doing what they were doing. Never saw any bucks, just doe, and yearlings.

My father told me years ago of being in the woods during buck season, and building a fire because it was freezing cold. The doe would come right up fairly close to see what was going on, but he said you never saw a buck. He told me that deer are quite curious, and as long as you don't make any threatening moves they just look everything over.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 11-12-2021, 06:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I see bobcats around here a bit. Not often, but often enough to know they're around here ll the time.

I was out waxing one of my cars back in September. The squirrels were making a racket running around in the trees that day. I kept hearing twigs crackling behind me, and thought to myself "damn the squirrels are really getting loud!" I finally look up and see this guy trying to sneak past me! He had gotten stuck below the rock ledge and was doing his best to tip toe by without me noticing him only about 25 feet away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B8C4720A-8AD2-406C-961D-D5E89A2C3B98_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	577583  

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw