THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
PY sponsoring? Father's Day? Hatfield?
The Susquehanna Valley GTO Club is sponsoring. Valley Forge is the location.

There is no more Performance Years. It's now Pypes Performance Exhaust. Where ya been Stud? That happened a couple of years ago.... 2013 or 14 IIRC.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:52 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
If you are serious, i suggest an aaca national show, but be prepared for significant deductions for non stock items
Next would be POCI, which is a bit less stringent.
Thanks, I looked at the website, seems like all the cars are a bit older. I'll thumb around some more and go from there.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
PY sponsoring? Father's Day? Hatfield?
That show is judged by car owners not judges.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 11-25-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytata View Post
He is a she.😉 And I've heard the nats is not the best, unfortunately.
Well I had a wonderful experience with the best professional judges I've dealt with over the many years of competing with my 69 bird at the Nationals. I've been judged by AACA judges, that didn't know what they were looking at judging my car trying to take points off for chrome valve covers and a chrome air cleaner lid. DUHHHH it's part of the 400 package from factory!! I had to School them and say something. Had I not been at the car, they would have deducted points. It made the difference from second place and first.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 11-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ive judged at all of them and the best is probably the TA nats now that we've got 2 yrs of concours judging under our belts, next would be mcacn, usually same judges then POCI depending on who's judging there. Norwalk doesn't judge on correctness and theres way too many politics and policies in place and doesn't mean a thing in concours judging, same as aaca, they don't know whats correct or not.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

X2 what Notime (Darrell) said.

Dennis

Old 11-29-2017, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Looking for opinions on what's the best show to be judged at. I was just at mcacn, it was my first show I ever had my car in, but I think I would like to have it judged one time, no political bs, just good honest judgment of correctness and evaluation of my car.
I'm building a 70 T/A and would like to know also.

I have been to two GTOAA conventions and they did allow all Pontiac's but they did not get the strict judging like the GTO's did.Think it was popular vote

Old 11-29-2017, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I saw you ( but there were many men talking to you) at MACN, and I saw your great Car!! , Took pics..
I'm not sure of your goal in being judged, but to REALLY Judge a car that's never been judged before, you need a 4 post Lift. Having seen the RWB Judging many times at the Camaro Nationals, ,and prepped Camaros for it, it can, and has to be a very high standard. A good "Judging" takes about 3 hours and 2 Judges to do correctly, and there are details that are often skipped at car shows due to Judges not knowing about them, or time constraints.
Your car could be a "standard" other cars are judged against, if No standard for the year exists.
Some Judging standards have a high % on Cleanliness, vs original Lug nuts , for example.
Look at the judging sheets from others, and decide what You want. I have found there is NOT just ONE Standard for the Firebirds, and Not really ONE expert. Most of us are still learning things, especially on the 70-74 cars.
Good luck!!

Old 11-29-2017, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yes a I have a formula, not a big car show person, I really am clueless on all of it.
Your Bigger shows indoors,( MACN) and your Brand specific shows, NATS, or AACA usualy bring a bunch of really nice people. You meet many people connected to the hobby and other hobbies. I have talked at Length to a Female Nail salon Owner about Powders and pearls, Flakes and metallics and color charts because she has been using them for 20+ years in fingernails! and the auto paint and powder industry started sourcing them there.
So . can be a lot of fun...

Old 12-01-2017, 01:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice car

SDD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize 2 small.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	469085  

Old 12-01-2017, 06:59 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks formulabruce, I guess the kind of judging I'm looking for might not exist, or maybe I'm looking for a survivor class judge although I know my car has been painted and the engine has been painted. I don't want to be judge on how good the car looks, how clean it is etc etc.