THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He was legally a gun owner.
Like most on here.
Like most on here it sounds like he was scared and carried a gun.
He was a good marksman.
He killed with it.

That last sentence is the only illegal thing.
Who knows when that line will be crossed?
Can't tell that by 'looking' at anyone?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 07-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

John,
Respectfully, I see it in a different light. The fact is he smuggled a rifle into the club and used that, not a hand gun that he carried. He had also been a security guard, so it's obvious that he was allowed ownership. Why he could is beyond me. He had also been interviewed by the Feds on three occasions because of his political leanings, twice in '13 and again in '14.
From here, comments I might make regarding his ability to access firearms would take a political path, and I will avoid that.
What I will say is this. He was not representative of the typical American gun owner in any fashion. He was a murderer. He had an agenda and followed through with it inside a building of unarmed innocents.
To use this isolated nut as an example against the millions of law abiding gun owners is a very weak case, IMO.

And I'm not looking for an argument here John. I respect your opinion on the matter and the discussion.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:07 PM

You may want to check out this company for alternatives to traditional holsters. I have been using one of their holsters for five years now. The advantage is that it is more concealable and your gun is more secure. The disadvantage is that you can't access it quite as quickly as you can with traditional holsters.

http://www.pistolwear.com/

1983 Buick S&S Hearse, cheap transportation and parts hauler
1967 Buick GS 400 4speed
Old 07-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Saw the pistol wear site. I don't know how a chick could wear the stretchy yoga pants and top, and not show some sort of bulge in the nether region.