Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Tin Indian- Crooks, or just terrible customer service?

I know that a lot of people here have bought from most if not all of the major suppliers from time to time. I've had my first experience with Tin Indian over the past couple of weeks, and I'm incredibly unimpressed.

Tin Indian had the gaskets that needed for a ported intake manifold, but they were charging $12 shipping for a $15 set of gaskets. I e-mailed their customer service (because their voice line just tells you to send them an e-mail, with no option to talk to a real person) and they claimed that the postage was actually $15 and they only charge $12. Well, I need the gasket, so I ordered it. The price for the shipping was right there on the box, and it was less than $7.

I was annoyed, but it wasn't worth picking a fight over.

After picking up the intake, I needed a detached water cross-over. No big deal, it's $60 on their site so I order it. The receipt comes in, and I was charged $70 for the part. Send an e-mail to get resolution, and at first they tell me that they will issue a full refund. Before I can even respond, they tell me "No Refund. This part was already delivered. If you do not want it you will need to send it back. You will receive your refund at that time."

This is a small amount of money and isn't going to change my lifestyle. But they shouldn't expect their customers to pay extra for parts simply because they have screwed up their checkout process with Pay Pal. You can see the problem here by clicking "add to cart" under the $60 part. I guess it's my fault for having 1 touch checkout on my phone with pay-pal. Nope. No, it isn't.

http://tinindianperformance.com/pont...0crossover.htm

Has anyone else had issues with these guys, or it is it just my bad luck?

Old 03-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This is Tin Indian customer service. After showing them the screen capture of the $60 price on their website, this is what they wrote back:

Quote:
There is no error. You were charged $70 because that's what the part cost. This amount should have been clearly apparent to you when you checked out through PayPal at no point in time is the amount of $60 displayed when you check out for that part. We will not be refunding any amount to you. If you do not want to part please send it back. Again the total amount was displayed to you when you checked out. If you were not happy with the price you should not have proceeded.
I have a dramatically different definition of what "no error" means than these guys. I guess with my money in their pocket, there isn't any error from their point of view.

The Following User Says Thank You to Navy Horn 16 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2017, 02:04 PM

that seems pretty lame. i just went to the page you linked and the part is listed @ $60. once you place it in your cart, the paypal transaction then shows $70. to me, that's false advertising and cheating the customer - just my opinion. they simply need to revise their web site and drop the attitude.

'86 951
'05 V70R
Old 03-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Oh, it gets better.
Quote:
Are You serious!!! You clicked pay now and the price was clearly displayed in your check out. You proceeded. If you had any questions about pricing they should've occurred at that time . Not now .We cannot maintain current pricing on every item we sell. Your options are as follows return the part and get a full refund that's it. We also clearly state on the website the prices can change without notice link at bottom of mail.

Again you saw the amount when you checked out it is very clear. One last time if you want to refund send the part back.

http://www.tinindianperformance.com/terms-general-info/

Sounds like it is fairly standard procedure for them to jack up prices in the checkout section and not change the website, and then plea "not my fault" for the customer not cross-referencing every line item from the site to the cart.

The e-mail exchange has answered my original question. They are crooks.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've experienced the "attitude" with this guy too and opted to move forward and not do business with him again. Point is, we're not alone and I'm sure there are plenty of other examples with them. It sounds like he's gotten to the point of not being very customer friendly.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

And all Pontiac supply houses expect use to buy from them because they support the Pontiac hobby? I'm glad we do have choices.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I also see a $60 price on the web site, and $70 once the transaction is handed-off to PayPal. Shameful. Unconscionable.

Find out what state they are based in. Contact the Attorney General Consumer Fraud Division (or whatever it's called in that state) and file a complaint. Keep copies of EVERYTHING including a "screen shot" of the $60 advertised price.

These guys need to stand in front of a judge to explain their behavior.

Fukkin' criminals.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
Well, maybe you won't see my posting. Time will tell.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqhead View Post
I've experienced the "attitude" with this guy too and opted to move forward and not do business with him again. Point is, we're not alone and I'm sure there are plenty of other examples with them. It sounds like he's gotten to the point of not being very customer friendly.

Oh it got much, much better. Here are a few direct quotes from his replies.

This is after I re-sent him the screen capture of his price, and let him know that charging a price other than the advertised price was the definition of false advertising. He thinks that the 3rd party page absolves his responsibility, and cursing at the customer is the way to go.

Quote:
Read the damn check out page. Pretty simple. The checkout page trumps everything and if you had a question ask it before you buy. kevin.swaney@tinindianperformance.com
He claims that he offered me a "full refund", only after I shipped the part back to him. When eating 2 directions worth of shipping that would have been half the value of the part didn't make sense, this is his response:

Quote:
Your reading comprehension is extremely low. You just remember to tell everyone you were offered a full refund buddy. Customer service can't get any better than that. You just make damn sure when your running your mouth you let everyone know that!!!
kevin.swaney@tinindianperformance.com
So, I've let everyone know exactly what he wanted me to let y'all know.

His responses to my review on his FB page really speak for themselves.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/TinIndia...=page_internal

I would hate to be in a situation where I was in an expensive project with these guys and something went wrong. This education was the best extra $10 I ever spent.

Old 03-10-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Horn 16 View Post
So, I've let everyone know exactly what he wanted me to let y'all know.

His responses to my review on his FB page really speak for themselves.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/TinIndia...=page_internal

I would hate to be in a situation where I was in an expensive project with these guys and something went wrong. This education was the best extra $10 I ever spent.
this is honestly some of the worst i've ever seen from a company. this guy is nuts!! being in business is all about customer service! most companies are NOT the only source for a certain product and what you do beyond that is what builds reputation. he just did an AWESOME job building his reputation on this board and this has to be the most comprehensive board for pontiacs there is. talk about being incredibly short-sighted. his last response, literally instructing you on how to portray this exchange, is EPIC. i can tell you it was well beyond what i needed to hear to never do business with that company.

'86 951
'05 V70R
Old 03-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow!, that's an awful way to treat a customer, and terrible business practice and etiquette. I've done business with them before, but I won't anymore. How much money and customers they will lose because He pitched a fit over a measly 10 bucks. Just stupid, smh

66 GTO, 495, M22, Strange S-60 w/4.10
Sold new at Royal Pontiac.

70 Formula
Old 03-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Senior Chief

a charge back is in order.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Off my list now for sure!!

Old 03-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Thanks...

for the heads-up!!! Might save us all some aggravation down the road.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Senior Chief

Default Tin Indian are complete jerks!

Once I ordered from their website and 8 days went by with no response from them at all no confirmation,nothing. So I sent an email asking about my order and the response I got back was that he just canceled my order since I was being impatient and they were too busy to process my order within a week. It was for a Kauffman timing chain cover, I found a less expensive one anyway so they saved me money by being a-holes.

The Following User Says Thank You to yahooskidoo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2017, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Is that what they call....."Deluxe Treatment" ?

Old 03-29-2017, 10:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooskidoo View Post
Once I ordered from their website and 8 days went by with no response from them at all no confirmation,nothing. So I sent an email asking about my order and the response I got back was that he just canceled my order since I was being impatient and they were too busy to process my order within a week. It was for a Kauffman timing chain cover, I found a less expensive one anyway so they saved me money by being a-holes.

Well, at least it wasn't personal against me then. Sounds like everyone gets the same terrible customer service.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just starting my restoration. I'll be sure to cross them off the list.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've ordered one of their thick oil pump bottom plates and later a set of their intake gaskets for ported Edelbrocks and had both items within a few days at the advertised price. Haven't bought any "big ticket" items from them.

Old combo:
462 10.75 CR,,SD 330CFM Round Port E's,Old Faithful cam,Jim Hand Continental,3.42's.
1968 Pontiac GTO : 11.114 @ 120.130 MPH

New combo:
517 MR-1,10.8 CR,SD 350CFM E's,QFT 950/Northwind,246/252 HR,9.5” 4000 stall,3.42's
636HP/654TQ
1.452 10.603 @ 125.09
http://www.dragtimes.com/Pontiac-GTO...lip-31594.html
Closed Thread