THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69goatboy View Post

It also turns out that a potential engine thief is out of luck with my car as well.
Unless the planets align, the tide is in, and an old man in Africa sacrifices a three headed chicken by moonlight all at the same time, the hood will not open.
Put a couple of shims (or washers) between the hood latch and the header panel and see if that works. Bet it does.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 07-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Vrabec View Post
It is listed on the invoice as Y-ME code
And here I thought I was the only one to have that "RARE" code on all of our Poncho's

Old 07-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One of my cars has that weird color changing feature. Some parts of the car will turn a orange-reddish color after a while but will never get back to its original color. I dont remember ever checking that option. Must be a freebie I guess.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Senior Chief

My first car, a used 69 Tempest, had the very rare Mosquito Repellent option. This option is accomplished by continually sending out a blue, stinky smoke out of the tail pipes.

I still, to this day, see a few cars with this option as I drive down the road.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Our two convertibles had the ultra rare rain sensors (dealer had to use a 1D10t form to order this rare option) but they were evidently wired in backwards. Instead of preventing the opening of the top when they sensed rain they only prevented the top from going back up in the rain.