THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
So yesterday we officially wrapped up the new project and all my work was done.
Looks like they used you as a temp and the constant complaining about your work was a boss covering his backside for the plan at the end of the new project. Sorry to say it but you got screwed! With a little one on the way get back out there and find something better in the new year. You will find something better!

Old 12-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
Been there, done that. IF I remember correctly, Texas is an "at will" state. In layman's terms, they can fire you LEGALLY for wearing the wrong color socks. I know it sucks, but the one question I do have is did you have a contract? If so, read it VERY closely. Have your lawyer friend take a look at it as well. IF your former employer has VIOLATED their terms of the contract, you have them. The fact you're being offered a severance package tells me this is NOT an "under performance" termination, but a "clash of personality" termination. Keep your head up, calm the wife (IF you can), review your resume and PRAY. God has a funny way of using situations like these to bless us in His time.
Thanks, yea I knew about the at will nature of Texas, and no I didnt have a contract.

My lawyer friend took a look at all the documents and said it was just stock stuff to cover them if I ever sued.

as far as underperforming, I think I was, but only because nothing was documented, there was no training, so it was either try and figure stuff out so I could handle situations in the future, or constantly be asking my supervisor, which wouldnt work.

I think it was a mix between me learning and my supervisor not liking me for whatever reason.

Definitely praying for the best Jeremiah 29:11 is what I keep telling myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
I was there last January and it's not a good feeling... I was lucky and found a job with better pay and a more relaxed work environment. Everything happens for a reason. Best of luck to you. Be Well.
I would just be happy with a job that I liked and good coworkers, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumpy View Post
Check with your local employment office on the severance pay/unemployment benefits.
In New York a severance package does not effect your unemployment benefits.I've work in the airline industry for over 35 years and seen many ups and downs. Air traffic controller strike - 911 - mergers, all leading to lay-offs. Hang in there. Someone with your skills will find a place that appreciates your talent.
Yea Im going to do that, I already started registering all the stuff necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD1969 View Post
Document everything.

File for unemployment ASAP.
Hopefully I find something quick and dont need to, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 bird View Post
Looks like they used you as a temp and the constant complaining about your work was a boss covering his backside for the plan at the end of the new project. Sorry to say it but you got screwed! With a little one on the way get back out there and find something better in the new year. You will find something better!

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 12-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ouch, what is your background in engineering? It seems in my region it is hard to find a good engineer. I have over 20 years as an engineer in industrial automation and I still see a lot of growth in that area.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry to hear that. I work for a big company, When they want to save $$ or downsize they just fire anyone no matter how good of an employee they are. I have some inside info that my job could be eliminated too. At least they are waiting till January though.
I'm with the others, If I get laid off after 12 years of above average raises and great reviews, I got to change something or open my own business. I can't fire myself!

Good luck, just jump on the classifieds!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Senior Chief

Sorry to hear your troubles, it sounds like your boss had a personality problem with you and was pressuring you to quit or leave his department seen it many times, the company I work for let many engineers go and went with a temp service for projects, some of the engineers were even called back as temps some long term up to a year some times longer funny thing is the engineers that were called back as temps were happier than when they were full time employees. Hope this helps.

Gregg

Old 12-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacmark View Post
Ouch, what is your background in engineering? It seems in my region it is hard to find a good engineer. I have over 20 years as an engineer in industrial automation and I still see a lot of growth in that area.
Im a mechanical engineer, my background is in the aerospace industry, but the bulk of my experience is in hardware design and 3D CAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Sorry to hear that. I work for a big company, When they want to save $$ or downsize they just fire anyone no matter how good of an employee they are. I have some inside info that my job could be eliminated too. At least they are waiting till January though.
I'm with the others, If I get laid off after 12 years of above average raises and great reviews, I got to change something or open my own business. I can't fire myself!

Good luck, just jump on the classifieds!!!!!!!!!!!

its just tough, where I used to work, I was on a list of critical skill set employees (yet they let me go without a counter, gotta love big engineering firms)

haha I would fire myself, just joking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrracer View Post
Sorry to hear your troubles, it sounds like your boss had a personality problem with you and was pressuring you to quit or leave his department seen it many times, the company I work for let many engineers go and went with a temp service for projects, some of the engineers were even called back as temps some long term up to a year some times longer funny thing is the engineers that were called back as temps were happier than when they were full time employees. Hope this helps.

Gregg
Yea that sounds about right. I tried so many different ways to try and get on his good side, oh well.

Yea definitely happier not being there.

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
Old 12-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wishing you all the best Captain,with 3D CAD experience you'll find a job in no time.
http://www.simplyhired.com/k-cad-3d-modeling-jobs.html

Old 12-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS circutguy View Post
Wishing you all the best Captain,with 3D CAD experience you'll find a job in no time.
http://www.simplyhired.com/k-cad-3d-modeling-jobs.html
Thanks for the link, I have used indeed and engineerjobs.com but never saw that one.

So far Im doing a temporary design work for this company that makes gun parts, they are thinking about expanding next year, hopefully it turns into something better.