THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Can't get enough TS Love Fest & "Just Gotta Have More?"

"Pit Lizards"/"My Parents Are Afraid"/"That's Pretty Much All I Care About"*
http://larrybrownsports.com/car-raci...ves-women/2415

*Question is: How does DaniCant fit with that self described TS Love Fest Mantra?
"Cue Bob Falfa!"

Old 10-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
What kind of person continually quotes their own posts in order to say absolutely nothing?
Alvin

Old 10-17-2014, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
Getting rammed from behind when you did absolutely nothing wrong might have a tendency to upset most people.
true, but then "most people" recently involved in a deadly "accident" don't get upset enough to use an automobile as a weapon.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hada76 View Post
true, but then "most people" recently involved in a deadly "accident" don't get upset enough to use an automobile as a weapon.
Most people don't use their automobile as a weapon three times in a lifetime - the instigator (Bad Brad) did that in a couple of minutes.

However, I have seen many people have an accident backing up that did more damage to a car than Tony did to Brad's race car.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post

To sum it up Chris, until you sit in a car during a race or haven't spent many many hours in and around dirt tracks you don't have any idea what it's like. If you've run a season then you'll have a pretty good handle on what it's like.
Thanks for the info, I had been under the impression during this you had never met him. I've met him and didn't share the same opinion you have - but different time, different circumstances. I still think the mindset you are representing here is your own, and although it may be shared by TS, it also may not.

Back to the OP topic....the girl may be able to drive, but she can't race the car.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tony, is a bit temperamental and doesn't like to be asked for autographs etc. when he is doing his job as a race car driver. If he's not busy he will stand and talk to you just on a one to one basis. I learned from talking to people that work for him not to ask for autographs etc., just talk to him in the pits or at a racetrack as if he was a regular Joe.

Some people do fine with popularity and notoriety, he however does not want to be attacked by fans in the pits when he's doing his job. If he's somewhere for an autograph session he will sign autographs until the line ends. If he has to be back at the car he will leave because his driving job is more important than signing autographs.

I'm sure he gets weary of being recognized in public and being swarmed by fans on his own time too. He's grassroots and while he has a great job, it is job #1, and if you respect that he's much easier to talk to. Champ has spoken to him numerous times so he can confirm that.

If you think I'm interjecting my own feelings into the conversation you should look up someone else that has experience driving a dirt car and ask them if what I said is accurate. Even find a blog online that drivers frequent, they will tell you pretty much the same things I have said. The driving thing is pretty straight forward and all drivers must react without thinking about what ramifications may happen later.

Same with the fight or flight reaction, it's in human psyche to fight, or get outta there. You don't analyze it as there is no time to. You react to an action and drivers do it all the time during a race and in Saturdays race, after the race. Driving an oval track car or a road race car is much different than drag racing and the driver has to concentrate intensely for anywhere from 5 minutes to many hours, plus having a steady adrenaline infusion. The adrenalin high can last for hours after a race because it's done over a much longer time. Race car drivers are adrenalin junkies, ask someone that does it.

So comparing drag racing or driving a street car on your commute home is apples and oranges to driving an oval track car or a road race car. Just so far removed that the average person has no idea of what it feels like as well as the challenges faced during just one race.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 10-19-2014, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Tony, is a bit temperamental and doesn't like to be asked for autographs etc. when he is doing his job as a race car driver. If he's not busy he will stand and talk to you just on a one to one basis. I learned from talking to people that work for him not to ask for autographs etc., just talk to him in the pits or at a racetrack as if he was a regular Joe.

Some people do fine with popularity and notoriety, he however does not want to be attacked by fans in the pits when he's doing his job. If he's somewhere for an autograph session he will sign autographs until the line ends. If he has to be back at the car he will leave because his driving job is more important than signing autographs.
This mirrors my experiences with Tony. First time was at an autograph session in 1999 at Atlanta on Saturday before the season finale.

The second time was after a dirt modified race when he came over to our pit stall for about a half hour. My buddy had won the event - and Tony was interested in learning about his setup and engine program. None of us bothered him for an autograph - which may be why he stayed so long.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back on topic - the Touring Princess has a golden opportunity today to move up one spot in the points. Her main squeeze failed to make the show for this afternoon, so if she finishes the race in 28th place or higher, she will pass Ricky in the points.

They tried a new qualifying procedure at 'Dega yesterday - and a lot of drivers failed to "navigate" qualifying properly. Also not making the race is Kyle Larson.

I expect if the method used yesterday will either be changed or the drivers won't attempt to qualify using the same strategy that caused problems for so many.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

NASCAR never fails to boggle the mind! When guys like Jack Roush & Jeff Gordon can't figure out the best way to qualify you know something's wrong!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow. 8 laps to go, Danica is running 3rd. 2 laps later she's IN THE BACK. No contact. Like she threw out an anchor......

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:20 PM
Senior Chief

That's Dega for ya.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If there was a race car driver in the 10 that team may have gotten a long overdue win today. They built a good enough car for it --

Old 10-20-2014, 12:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That blowed me away also? I was about ready to take your money.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...144216464.html

10 team getting a break. A welcome one, I'm sure.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Banshee View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...144216464.html

10 team getting a break. A welcome one, I'm sure.
Yeah - the race team gets a break by not having to work on the Ice Queen's car anymore...

But what about Kurt Busch old crew - that's a serious demotion for them. Banished to a season long non-contender.

I'm happy for Tony Gibson - he needs to get away from the whiny "wacer"...

Old 10-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd rather they just swapped drivers so we could see what a real race car driver could do with the 10 car.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'd rather they just swapped drivers so we could see what a real race car driver could do with the 10 car.
It's still boring bumper cars fellows.
Also take the restrictor plates off and let um' run...
That would let us all watch real racing again!

Old 10-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No plate at Texas in a couple weeks.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Any of you guys ever raced on a dirt track?

Old 10-23-2014, 12:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Read a few pages befor this one, There are a few that have raced on dirt.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The 4, 10, 14 and 41 cars are all out of the same race shop. Two of the four were in the Chase, another one might have been if not for a tragic accident.

The 10 car was fully capable of making the Chase - if it had a race car driver behind the wheel.

Closed Thread