THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
Last night was fun, lots of on and off track action, the way it should be.
Concur.
Has a great race for a change.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpFreak View Post
Tony didn't bat an eye before he slammed that thing in reverse...
But, not too cool if there is a civil suit pending. Shows what he can do to others with a "weapon" at a drop of a hat.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

and I thought he had learned an important lesson --

Old 10-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz68 View Post
She was runing good last night until the# 22 cliped her.
Ummm....

Logano held his line as she drove straight down in to his right front end.

She apparently was attempting to block him from passing her, and failed miserably.

As has been said before, she can drive fast, but doesn't know how to race.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpFreak View Post
Tony didn't bat an eye before he slammed that thing in reverse...
not real smart, considering recent events

Old 10-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My prediction - Tony, Matt & Denny will get nothing in this - maybe a talking to but that will be it.

Brad will get penalized by 25 points and $100,000 fine and unless he wins next week will be out of the chase. I bet Roger is pretty happy with his boy right now.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Suspended

This "expert" analysis http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/nasc...brawl-26154341

"Gonna be awfully hard on 'the Tony!'"

Old 10-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The media is sure trying to get as much mileage out of Tony as they can, the two incidents aren't even similar. The Grand Jury cleared him, said it was purely an accident after weeks of scutinization and talking to his peers that were on the track at the time of the incident. The testimony said he did not deviate from the line he was already traveling until he saw Ward trying to leap onto his car and locked the brakes momentarily resulting in the rear of the car sliding left towards the infield.

Kevin Ward is the only one to blame, running after a race car on foot while stoned. How bout the media concentrate on the real story and how lack of self control on Ward's part ended in his demise. Instead of trying to get as much mileage as possible out of Tony and an unfortunate accident, end of story.

It will be obvious of who has actually been around a dirt track and sprint cars by their replies........................................... ..

How about the great finish by Manica the touring princess.............a solid 26th place finish that is keeping her in 28th in points for the year............Ho Hum.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 10-13-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Senior Chief

Anyone getting sick of the news media trying to turn everyone into politically correct sissies.

Gregg

Old 10-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrracer View Post
Anyone getting sick of the news media trying to turn everyone into politically correct sissies.

Gregg
Sick of seeing this thread pop up weekly...

Old 10-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrracer View Post

Gregg
Yes, and Tony Stewart will probably never be politically correct. Some people do not fit the molds that some think everyone should fit and never will. Dominant personalities usually don't fit the molds as well as caring even a little bit about what other people think of them, or their actions. They don't need other peoples approval to be content with themselves.

The opposite is the sheeple that follow the herd and want to be liked by everyone they encounter, bend over backwards so everyone has a glowing report about them.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 10-14-2014, 05:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
Sick of seeing this thread pop up weekly...
And yet here you are posting on this thread again to bring it back up to the top...

Old 10-14-2014, 05:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
How about the great finish by Manica the touring princess.............a solid 26th place finish that is keeping her in 28th in points for the year............Ho Hum.
Finished 26th, and lost grounds to her main squeeze who is in 27th place. He finished 24th, so he gained another 2 points on the ice queen.

Meanwhile, rookie Justin Allgaier, who is 29th in the points, finished 15th and gained 12 points on the touring princess.

So that's 2 rookies ahead of the 32 year old "veteran" racer - 22 year old Kyle Larson 17th, 24 year old Austin Dillon 19th and 28 year old Allgaier right behind her.

If Justin had equal equipment and crew - he would be ahead of her too.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

She looks pissed off...haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_20141014_063639.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	378887  

Old 10-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
The media is sure trying to get as much mileage out of Tony as they can, the two incidents aren't even similar. The Grand Jury cleared him, said it was purely an accident after weeks of scutinization and talking to his peers that were on the track at the time of the incident. The testimony said he did not deviate from the line he was already traveling until he saw Ward trying to leap onto his car and locked the brakes momentarily resulting in the rear of the car sliding left towards the infield.

Kevin Ward is the only one to blame, running after a race car on foot while stoned. How bout the media concentrate on the real story and how lack of self control on Ward's part ended in his demise. Instead of trying to get as much mileage as possible out of Tony and an unfortunate accident, end of story.

It will be obvious of who has actually been around a dirt track and sprint cars by their replies........................................... ..

I know this is a post about Danica but I had to throw in on Tony. He has been nothing but respectful and professional throughout the Ward circus. My pet peeves are 1. Too much press is going on about Tony's part in it, and nothing about Ward's actions and being under the influence, which are the real reasons he was killed; and 2. I have always felt, in our broken legal system, that if someone is acquitted, they should not be able to be tried in a civil suit (after all, they were found not guilty so what is there to try them for, right?). It's like; "Well, you're not going to have to do time, since you were found innocent BUT you will have to pay restitution as though you were guilty." If you are innocent (rightfully or wrongfully), there should be no further legal proceedings, period. It's kind of like being tried for the same crime twice.

As for Danica, I think she is a fair, mid-pack driver but that's all she'll ever be.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 10-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacdaver View Post
I know this is a post about Danica but I had to throw in on Tony. He has been nothing but respectful and professional throughout the Ward circus. My pet peeves are 1. Too much press is going on about Tony's part in it, and nothing about Ward's actions and being under the influence, which are the real reasons he was killed; and 2. I have always felt, in our broken legal system, that if someone is acquitted, they should not be able to be tried in a civil suit (after all, they were found not guilty so what is there to try them for, right?). It's like; "Well, you're not going to have to do time, since you were found innocent BUT you will have to pay restitution as though you were guilty." If you are innocent (rightfully or wrongfully), there should be no further legal proceedings, period. It's kind of like being tried for the same crime twice.

As for Danica, I think she is a fair, mid-pack driver but that's all she'll ever be.
I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph.

The second paragraph is the truth no matter who you like. The Petty's, Richard and Kyle summed it up perfectly when asked about Manica and her place in Cup as a "driver". "She can drive a race car, that however does not make you a race car driver" (Kyle) and, "She could win a Cup race if everyone else stayed home" (Richard).

I believe the father and son have been around NASCAR long enough in all capacities to have an honest opinion about driving talent. Richard did elaborate that Cup today is more of a show than it used to be and Manica will draw more fans and give more exposure to NASCAR, which cannot be argued.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 10-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good comments! I agree she'll never be better than mediocre--no matter how good a car she is given to drive. I can't think of one NASCAR driver (man or woman) who ran for as long as she has and as poorly as she has and suddenly became a contender for the championship. Guys like Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Kyle Larson, Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch, Richard Petty were possible winners the first seasons they raced!

Can any of you name drivers that have taken as long as Danica to prove themselves a champion?

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 10-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

NASCAR went light on Brad - hit Tony too.

Both drivers fined, placed on four-race probation

RELATED: Full coverage/timeline of Charlotte incident

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Oct. 14, 2014) -- NASCAR has assessed behavioral penalties to drivers Brad Keselowski and Tony Stewart for their involvement in post-race incidents on Oct. 11 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

FULL CHASE COVERAGE

• Chase hub page
• Chase Grid games
• #MyChaseNation

Keselowski has been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:

• Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in post-race incidents

Stewart has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:

• Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in a post-race incident

"These penalties are about maintaining a safe environment following the race," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president, competition and racing development. "We knew that the new Chase format was likely going to raise the intensity level and we want our drivers to continue to be themselves. However, the safety of our drivers, crew members, officials, and workers is paramount and we will react when that safety could be compromised."

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 10-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Boneske View Post
Can any of you name drivers that have taken as long as Danica to prove themselves a champion?
By "champion" - do you mean winning a Cup race? Or being someone that can compete for a "championship"?

In Cup racing, the guy that comes to mind is Michael Waltrip.

Michael ran from 1985 - 2001 without winning a Cup race. The difference is that although it took Michael 16 year to win a Cup race, he had won 8 Busch/Nationwide races.

He never was a "Champion" (meaning winning a championship), but he was pretty consistent in finishing somewhere between 10th and 20th in the points while running the full Cup schedule.

Michael wasn't a "great" racer - but he was a good one.

Danica has been racing cars for over 16 years. She's never won an automobile race in the United States. Her lone win was in Japan, and it was one because of fuel mileage, not driving skill.

I know, other drivers have won races due to mileage. But is that win their only one in their career?

Old 10-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
NASCAR went light on Brad - hit Tony too.
Way light on Brad.

I expected that Tony would be tapped too - because his reaction to the idiot was with a race car on pit road.

The difference that I think NASCAR should have considered (in making a stronger hit on Brad) is that Brad was driving (and hitting things) heading towards the pit crews.

Tony backed up to hit the idiot - the crews were in the other direction.

I'm good with the fine on Tony.

There should have been a much larger fine and a 25 point penalty on Brad.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Closed Thread