Old 07-13-2014, 12:58 PM

Default 69 muncie speedo bullet seals. How many are there?

Help! after finally connecting a new speedometer cable to the transmission bullet, it started to develop a leak. i took it apart this morning and the new outer oring in good but is there anything that goes around the driven gear? it seems to be leaking past it and up into the cable. i had the car on blocks and put it in gear and never saw the leak but after a 5 min drive around the block, there was fluid everywhere again. initially after the rebuild and no speedo cable hooked up, it never leaked! am i missing a seal? dont see anything in the breakdown for a seal around the driven gear or is there something that goes into the end of the speedo cable. Really driving me crazy! Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 07-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Senior Chief

There is a seal that goes into the end of the bullet that the speedometer cable screws on to. It stops the trans oil from getting past the plastic speedometer gear shaft. Try this guy or anyone that supplies muncie parts.
www.manchestermuncies.com