THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Senior Chief

Arrow

Where's the Corvette section...

Old 10-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I dont really get it. Just minimize the parts of the forum you don't want to see and its almost the same. Done. I like the regional event forums.

The benefits to people in the hobby have been and always will be huge because PY Forums exists. In the last eight years that Ive been here, Ive bought and sold tons of parts, raised money for The Indian Uprising Charities and made many friends. Thanks for this forum Chris.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT WHORE View Post
I guess I was missing the point if in fact that is what Chris is trying to convey, but I don't care! I really could care less if there is someone wanting my cars when I am gone. I am not trying too get people to like these cars or any others. I do this as a hobby because its what I like, bottom line. Could care less if everyone else thought my cars were lame pieces of crap! No shows to go to.... oh well. I do love swap meets and car shows but most of all I love working on and driving my cars.
As for burning Chris at the stake that's not the case. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!! I am only voicing my opinion. Any Pontiac guy I ever run into I ask them if they are on PY forum and if not I highly encourage them to check it out.
I cringe when I read this.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
I cringe when I read this.
Really, why? I am restoring my Grandmas 69 GTO to the best of my ability. Tons of time and money. Am I going to trailer it around and be afraid to get a scratch on it or not run the engine out of fear of the paint burning off of the exhaust ports on the heads? Hell no! I am the one that's going to drive the crap out of it, I am not saving it for the next guy. I really do hope one of my kids wants it but who knows.
My 13 year old son already has laid claim to my 70 and flips the older kids crap that its his car and they all know he will get it, we have done so much stuff in that car would not know where to begin.
Bottom line is the day will come when these cars are not going to be loved the way we love them don't think getting the late model guys involved with this forum is going to change it.

1970 GTO 4spd VOE Pepper Green, green int.
1967 LeMans 428 Auto. Blue, black int.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
I loath changes.

I really loath changes to my tools (SW, PC, IPAD, TOOLs, TP mounting)
Are you an "over" or "under" on TP mounting? It really chaps my a$$ when it's not done the way I like it!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpFreak View Post
Where's the Corvette section...

Old 10-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Really, why? I am restoring my Grandmas 69 GTO to the best of my ability. Tons of time and money. Am I going to trailer it around and be afraid to get a scratch on it or not run the engine out of fear of the paint burning off of the exhaust ports on the heads? Hell no! I am the one that's going to drive the crap out of it, I am not saving it for the next guy. I really do hope one of my kids wants it but who knows.
My 13 year old son already has laid claim to my 70 and flips the older kids crap that its his car and they all know he will get it, we have done so much stuff in that car would not know where to begin.
Bottom line is the day will come when these cars are not going to be loved the way we love them don't think getting the late model guys involved with this forum is going to change it.
You didn't read my post. I highlighted in bold that part where you said you dont care what happens to the cars when you are gone.

I care quite a bit about the hobby and preserving it for the future hobbyists. I don't care how you drive your car or what ever you do to your car. Thats your prerogative. Long after I'm gone, I hope that our little part of the hobby lives on and others take the reign to educate others on Pontiacs. And I hope that I have done my part in helping keeping the passion for Pontiac moving forward..

Old 10-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Your bottom line is correct. However, there is never going to be a day when the switch gets flipped and the lights go out. But the car shows will start to see less attendance, the clubs start to notice a decline in membership, our Pontiac forums experience a decline in participation and then parts and accessories stop getting made. It's a snowball effect that we can deter by the simple effort of expanding our comfort zone and welcoming the last of the performance Pontiacs. Of course this is not just on us. The LM guys need to see the benefit as well.

Then maybe your 13 year old son that can hardly wait to enjoy that 1970 GTO when he's 18 won't have to be wondering what happened to all the fun when he's 40.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Senior Chief

Some people need some serious couch time!

Old 10-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
You didn't read my post. I highlighted in bold that part where you said you dont care what happens to the cars when you are gone.
I read your post, saw the highlighted part and fully understood before I posted.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't notice until I read this thread.
Some of you need to get a life and quit whining when they change something.
Grow up.
I probably will go there once in a while as my son has an 06 GTO.
AND,,,,,,,,it is not OUR forum. It belongs to CCAS. He can do what he wants and what HE thinks is best. They DO have a way of counting the hits in each one and apparently there is enough to do what he has done.

Last edited by Jack Peters; 10-10-2013 at 01:42 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack Peters For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

....and hey, we've got a new color palette available!

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Let's start a poll: Who likes the changes?
Who dislikes the changes?
Who's going to quit this free site?
Who's not going to quit?
One answer for first two, one answer for the second two.

I dislike the changes but realize it must be done to progress the automotive hobby.
I am not quitting untill I see the technical gurus not answering any more.

66 Chevy II 461 Pontiac in AZ
Old 10-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The changes made here are very minor and can be controled. I spend some time on the Hotwheels Collector site, and let me tell you they did a major overhaul. Talk about a bunch of whining babies. Grown men crying over dollar cars on a forum very much like this one, with no outside advertising what so ever. Its not that bad really. I plan on buying a G8 GT in the future so going along with some of what goatwhore said, I don't care what anybody thinks of what I do.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now that I know you can minimize the sections its really no big deal. Would not like it to much if the late model guys post in the street section. And hell no I am not leaving this forum, was never even a thought!

Old 10-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Unbelievable

Old 10-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Would not like it to much if the late model guys post in the street section.
Guess I should have checked before I posted this! The late model has their own section for that.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooski View Post
Let's start a poll: Who likes the changes?
Who dislikes the changes?
Who's going to quit this free site?
Who's not going to quit?
One answer for first two, one answer for the second two.

I dislike the changes but realize it must be done to progress the automotive hobby.
I am not quitting untill I see the technical gurus not answering any more.
Does this post really exist? Unbelievable.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Suspended

Lets see how many times we can pile on here and post "Unbelievable".

Unbelievable, Unbelievable!