Old 04-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

P.S. If you really wan to hear a dumb story of on how I came to get mine, let me know.

Probably dumber that yours.

Charles

Old 03-21-2010, 07:37 PM

Default Adding to my story.

So, yet another long segment of my life has passed. The economy crushed me (as everyone else i'm sure.)

I wanted to update everyone that things are turning around for me. I will soon get back on her to finish it up! Maybe the end of this year or so before that begins. That is my target date.

I am still looking and waiting for those full quarter panels so if anyone has an update for me I would really appereciate it.

Thanks!

Chuck

Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 PM

Default Do share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat 67 View Post
P.S. If you really wan to hear a dumb story of on how I came to get mine, let me know.

Probably dumber that yours.

Charles

Do share!

Old 03-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, you asked for it!

http://louisianaclassictruckclub.fre...uild-t981.html

Old 03-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Love it! Love the original window sticker, too...

I had a similar experience - twice!

I was shopping for a pickup truck back in 1980. I worked at the Chevy truck plant, so when I saw the new front end for 1981, I didn't like it. I hurried and ordered a little 1980 1/2 ton 2wd stepside before it was too late.

Then, seven years later I needed another truck. Saw the new 1988 GMT400 versions, didn't like them - so I hurried and ordered an '87.

My dad commented "...if you had been around in my time, you would've seen the '55 Chevys, not liked 'em and ordered a '54!"

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 03-23-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Love that thread. Great story and it looksl iek the car's coming along nicely.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Keith and Mike,

I NEED to find a money tree right about now!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Thanks Keith and Mike,

I NEED to find a money tree right about now!
Welcome to the club!

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 04-16-2013, 01:12 PM

Default Back again

Hello everyone. I felt that this may be a good time to add a new post. A lot has changed since the last update. I am now separated and awaiting the divorce. No criticism needed lol. It was NOT the cars' fault!!

If you have been following my story, you know that this car means a LOT to me. It is still in the garage at my previous address and I am now living in an apartment. It is on borrowed time since the soon to be ex will have to move soon as well. I DO NOT want to sell my GTO and I cannot afford $140 per month for a storage unit. If ANYONE knows anyone who can store it close to Bel Air, Maryland for a reasonable price, PLEASE contact me at royal_assassin@comcast.net. I am and would be forever GRATEFUL for any assistance. I really do want to avoid selling it.

Thanks for reading!!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdman View Post
Ok, now back to the story. It was late July, 2002. This is when I was wanting to get this thing out of the weather and revive her. I arrived at my mom's house with my camera because I knew I wanted to take some before and after pictures. I thought, "This will make a great start of a story someday." I walked behind the garage and wanted to puke! I thought to myself, "What in the world did I do to my baby?" Now I knew I REALLY had some work to do. I walked around her in disbelief. I looked in the trunk. I stored the NEW trunk pans that I purchased from The P@#^&ck not too long ago in here. They were rusted beyond use. I had to reorder ALL new trunk pans and braces. I thought, "Well, that will add to the high bill to repair my car." And yes that was an old propane tank laying next to it.

I was so disgusted with myself at this point I only took five pictures. I have attached them for your viewing and ranting pleasure. This is where you guys can get on me for doing this to such a wonderful piece of machinery. Dragging it out back of a garage and letting it rust even further!
Looking at that family cook out, Did anyone ever tell you to get rid of that old junk car? Great story.

Last edited by cuz68; 04-25-2013 at 02:57 AM.