Old 08-19-2009, 05:44 AM

Default 1974 Firebird Esprit: Parting the whole car out

I have a 1974 Firebird Esprit in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73135 that has 68,000 miles on it, and has been sitting in a field un-touched since 1992 (confirmed). The car is numbers matching and 100% complete and original. Or was until I took the few parts I needed from it. Why was the car parked in a field? Check this out... its funny... there was NOTHING wrong with the car. It was in perfect shape and running order. The guy borrowed $500 from his niece and nephew back in 1992 and gave them his car as collateral till he could pay it back. His niece parked it in the field behind their house. The guy went to prison shortly after borrowing the money. They never saw him again. They never touched the car again. Last December I bought the car from the Niece for $500. field mice had made nests in the engine compartment and passenger compartment, and the car would not start (dead battery, bad gas, etc. etc. etc.). So I towed it home, and began stripping parts. I actually got to see how a firebird is supposed to look in its original, from the factory condition. Absolutely amazing. Better than any Haynes or Chiltons.

Tell me what you want (Private message me), make a fair offer (I am not picky on the price. First come first get), and I will mail the part to you, no matter what it is that you want (you pay the shipping. No handling fee unless I have to palatalize and crate it). 350cui engine, th350 tranny, body is in GREAT condition. only cancer spot on the whole car is at the bottom of the rear quarter panels. Even the floor pans are simply spotless. Surface rust on the outside of the body, but nothing pitted through.
It has an AM radio, Tilt column, AC parts, etc etc.

I will tell you what the car does not have (because I took it already):
- No AC condenser or AC motor
- I took the lock plate and bearings from the steering column
- I took the center console and box
- I took some of the AC ducts under the dash
- All the interior stuff like seats, carpet, door panels, plastic sails, etc were all too dry rotted and cracked from sun baking to be used. I threw it all away. except the seats.
I had the seats professionally redone and it cost me $800 for both front seats and rear seats. Anyone wants those, I will gladly sell them for the $800 it cost me to get them redone.

I will take pictures of any parts that you want to see.

Last edited by Mirk; 08-19-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

PM sent!

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 08-19-2009, 02:53 PM

PM sent.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:50 AM

PM sent.