Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:44 PM

Default Holley Street Dominator

Anyone know if the street dominator manifold requires a special thermostat housing ? I just got a factory housing to give a more factory look but holes are futher apart on the manifold. Also how does the manifold match up to the ones they make today performance wise .

Old 02-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've used the SD intake on many different combos and never had a problem with the t-stat housing not fitting, though all my engine junk is 68-up. Like any higher RPM aftermarket intake, if you're not shifting over 5,500 RPM and have a big cam, a converter or manual trans and decent gears the SD is not going to be in its element. If you have a more stock type setup you could easily trade it for an old iron intake or Performer and likely be happier. The SD is a great intake that needs a little cleanup inside. It's at least as good as what is out their now on the right engine, and in fact a chinese company has recently cloned the Pontiac SD intake (though perhaps poorly so from some reports), fwiw.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Suspended

unless somebody welded it up and drilled it, its pontiac..you may have a chevy thermostat housing

Old 02-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I ran one of those on my 67 GTO years ago. Nothing weird. TT might have it right.

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372