WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:41 PM

Default 2006 GTO

i'm having trouble with the remolt. every once in a while it will not unlock the doors or open the trunk. when i go to unlock the door with the key the alarm goes off. ive had it back to the dealer twice but it always works when i get there. has anybody else had this happen?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes. It's the only thing I've found that absolutely sucks on these cars---the locking/alarm system. Unfortunately, if you lock the car with the remote, you have to unlock it with the remote, otherwise, the alarm WILL go off. As far as the remote not working, can't help you with that. My wife's '04 still works fine after almost four years. My '06 that I bought last July still works fine too. But I don't drive mine daily. Does it do the same with both keys?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:51 PM

Default 2006 GTO

both keys and i replaced the batterys. its a 2006 but i bought it 2 months ago brand new. the dealer don't know what to do with it. jerry
Old 04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Same problem with my 04, i thought this was due to the mechanism IN the door??? Post over at ls1gto.com for more help...
Old 04-10-2008, 12:33 PM

humbler. how did you fix it??????
Old 04-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As I read your post again your problem does seem a bit different than mine. I got into a cycle where every time i opened the door with the remote the alarm would chirp. They replaced the actuators IN the door I belive. It could be related I'm not sure but it would be a benefit to sing up and do a search over at LS1. If you'd rather not, let me know and I will do a search or post for you.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:08 AM

Default lock/unlock with remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM AIR V
i'm having trouble with the remote. every once in a while it will not unlock the doors or open the trunk. when i go to unlock the door with the key the alarm goes off. ive had it back to the dealer twice but it always works when i get there. has anybody else had this happen?
Maybe you are experiencing a similiar problem to one that I had a year ago with my '05.
My remote trunk opening became intermittent. The doors were OK, but this may be related. The short story is that the dealer had to replace the Body Module which also involved reprogamming the keys because each body module has it's own factory preset code.
Have your dealer check into that as a possible malfunction.
A way that you might self-check this is to try remote opening of the trunk several times or more in a row. Do this while sitting inside the car and listen for a relay clicking sound that will be noticeable coming from the area of the console or righthand dash area. Each time the remote operates the BM you should hear the relay, but if you hear the relay and the trunk latch fails to operate, the BM is bad.
Hope this is helpful in solving your problem (and the dealer's).
Frank Hummel, Jr.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:13 AM

Default 06 GTO

today is 05/13/08 and the dearler still hasn't been able to fix the problem. they have tried. they replaced both door locks. it seems to act up more after its outside in the rain. has anybody had this happen? JERRY S
Old 05-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

post this on the LS1GTO forum and see.
Theres a whole lot more activity for these cars there.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:04 AM

Default door lock malfunction

Quote:
today is 05/13/08 and the dearler still hasn't been able to fix the problem. they have tried. they replaced both door locks. it seems to act up more after its outside in the rain. has anybody had this happen? JERRY S
Jerry,
I see you are still having trouble. My original reply still stands. INSIST that the dealer change the body module. That is what controls all the functions regarding unlocking, etc. whether it's the door locks, trunk, etc.
I'm confident this will cure the problem. The dealer is actually making more money from GM by changing out the parts that are controlled rather than changing the controller which will inevitably have to be changed to finally fix the problem.
Good luck in convincing the dealer. Tell them you should be reimbursed for the gas it's costing you to keep coming back. Ask to speak to the regional representative for GM.
Frank Hummel, Jr.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Senior Chief

The problem could be the BCM.... Body Control Module. It's located up in the dash behind the glove box. This controls the door locks as well. There may be a code problem. Mine was replaced when I had door unlocking problems.

Another item to check could also be the PCM....Power Train Control Module. That is your on board computer. It's located under the hood near the master cylinder. There could be a code problem as well.

My bet is on the BCM I think that is your problem.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:37 PM

Default 06 GTO

i'm taking it in next week for the BCM. i hope that fixes it. i really like the car. i have 6000 miles on it since march.... .jerry s
Old 05-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Senior Chief

If your BCM is replaced make sure your Key codes are updated. Your BCM code will change. The other codes should remain the same.

Don't fret, I had the BCM replaced in August of 07, and I had the PCM replaced with a bad one in February and in March had another one installed. I am not one who succumbs to extended warranties but I am with this car.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:45 PM

Default 06 GTO

the dealer changed the BCM and the key remotes today and so far everything seems ok. while the car was there they changed one of the steering wheel spokes. i didn't even ask them to but it did have a small bubble in it. AXELROD pontiac in parma,ohio is great. i didn't even buy the car there......jerry s
Old 05-31-2008, 03:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Axelrod is a first class dealership I bought a used car from them and was treated great. They either are currently, or were a former sponsor of the.TriPower Nationals (Norwalk) too.
1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 05-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
the dealer changed the BCM and the key remotes today and so far everything seems ok. while the car was there they changed one of the steering wheel spokes. i didn't even ask them to but it did have a small bubble in it. AXELROD pontiac in parma,ohio is great. i didn't even buy the car there......jerry s
Great!! Did they update your BCM code? The one that came with the car is now invalid. Each car came with it's personal codes, (for those who didn't know this)

BCM Code
Ignition Key
Frequency Key
IMMO (PIM)
Radio Pin
Glovebox Code

All should remain the same except the BCM.
Your dealer can find all these codes out but it's nice to have them on hand.

Quite a few have reported "bubbling steering wheel spoke syndrome."
There still are good dealers out there, I know I have a good one, it makes the whole repair process a bit less painful.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:46 PM

Default 06 GTO

Great!! Did they update your BCM code? The one that came with the car is now invalid. Each car came with it's personal codes, (for those who didn't know this) yes they took care of it. it was a real pleaser dealing with AXELROD PONTIAC- GMC and yes they are a sponcer at tri power