Old 03-11-2002, 06:33 AM

I've got a 2.56 posi in my T/A now, I want to switch to a 3.08 or maybe a 3.23 with posi and disc brakes. What years/cars will work without modifications (except master cylinder and proportioning valve)? Anybody know where I can pick one up cheap?

Old 03-11-2002, 06:33 AM

I've got a 2.56 posi in my T/A now, I want to switch to a 3.08 or maybe a 3.23 with posi and disc brakes. What years/cars will work without modifications (except master cylinder and proportioning valve)? Anybody know where I can pick one up cheap?

Old 03-13-2002, 10:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

If you want the rear wheel disc brakes you will need to find a 79 to 81 WS6 firebird. Any rear from 70 to 81 will bolt in.

Check with Ol Pinion Head, he is the rear end King. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] So to speak... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2002, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Reed: If it were my car, 3.23:1 are OK for a 455, 3.55's would be better and mandatory if it were a 400. I wouldn't go through the hassle for 3.08's, you'll HATE yourself later. OPH is Da Man on this topic, he'll set you straight.

-Matt

Old 04-01-2002, 03:05 AM

I got some good info from 'Ol Pinion Head and based on the cost and work required, I think I'll stick with my 2.56 gears for now. Engine is gonna take all my $$$ and I know that I'll need the extra stopping power but there's only so much you can do on a small budget. Besides, I'm not planning on racing except for some base numbers. What's wrong with the 3.08's? I think that's a good middle-of-the-road choice for my application, but I may be wrong. Thanks for your help guys.