Old 11-21-2002, 04:27 PM
Senior Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mustangsblow:
American muscle is the only way to go.
Just my thoughts, Alex<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So there is hope for the youth of today! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

'06 GTO, '68 LeMans project, bikes, etc.
Old 11-22-2002, 11:37 AM
Senior Chief

There's always hope for the youth. This ricer thing is little more than another annoying trend. You can't do what these kids are doing to these cars without creating little more than a trend. It's also funny how everyone from Summit Racing to General Motors is buying into it. Once corporate America gets ahold of anything, expect it to be dead soon. Muscle Cars are like Rock-n-Roll. Every so often some one or thing tries to kill it off, but it keep coming back stronger than ever. Remember Mini-Trucks? Where are they now? I also remember the 4X4 guys buying the Toyota 4X4's and spending a ton of money lifting them and adding the big tires. I havent's seen one of them in a while either. Ricers are cheap and easy to get ahold of. Plus, they have a marketing campiagn that feature hot chicks wearing hardly anything to help promote the scene. Please! Hot chicks don't come running just because you have a nice ricer. Kids are impressionable. Some buy into this crap. The smart ones don't.

Old 11-22-2002, 01:22 PM

there's alot of hope out there. everywhere i drive my 68 [ and it's UGLY right now] i get interest from kids and adults. i took it to the stone quarry the other day to get it weighed and had a guy all over it and asking questions.

a coiuple of months ago i was at a job site for the local building trades class with it and had kids all over it also. they all said; man that's cool and is it for sale?

the fart can crowd around here isn't interested in ' playing' with the real car crowd. they will try to race a 4x4 truck, and are embarassed when they get beat.

as for the import trucks with lifts we still see quite a few of them around, some with s.b.c. engines in them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 11-23-2002, 11:29 PM

i am eighteen years old and recently bought a 68 firbird with 2 engines(400and350)and a muncie 4speed. i was out with my friends one night cruising the strip. which is a one and a half mile cirlce around food joints and some strip malls. this is a normal thing for teenagers in the area and even some that live 20 miles away. The only real problem with the strip is that it is a rice burning useless wing toting fart can fest. so my buddies and i a cruising and tuning the car, becuse the previos owner let it set for a year. well we were having a bad backfire so we pull into a parking and pop the hood to change the air fuel mix when all of a sudden we here what could have been some giants with a bad flatulating problem. a yellow honda and a nissan truck both with fist size rust holes and wings that nasa wouldnt even think of using pull up. everyone in the two cars filed out and stood around my car. then the biggest of the group asks "what is it?" and my friend replies "an engine". my other buddy and i start laughin histarically. when i was able to ragain composer i saw all of the rice guys walkin back to their cars beet red.

Old 11-25-2002, 12:42 AM
Senior Chief

Ricers are also good for kids who can't get laid with a muscle car. (I have no idea what that means!)

Old 11-25-2002, 12:42 AM
Senior Chief

Ricers are good cars for those who are not very mechanically inclined. Then again, there are some things that they are doing with those cars that is pretty amazing. They still suck though.

Old 11-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Seems like at my school, ricers have replaced most of the camaros, transams, mustangs. Oh well, even easier to beat. Now I can spend my money on getting a better paint job.

However, my friend just got his license and bought a 1985 Regal T-type (turbo v6), other friend had a 12 second Mustang (engines getting rebuilt), other friend sold his Camaro and bought a Mustang (at least not a ricer), another with a soon to be LT1 powered 91 Camaro covertible. So there is still muscle car "young" drivers out there.

1968 GTO
1972 GTO clone
Heart of Illinois GTO member
http://www.fbody.com/members/Camrs89

Heart Of Illinois GTO club member

"This aint no damn Chevelle"

Old 01-11-2003, 07:16 PM

I have been out in the 67 bird trying to blow the 170hp 305 in it b4 the cheviyectimi. This area is polluted with the little monsters.. only had 1 beat me and he had 16k (yes sixteen thousand dollars) in the motor and used a laptop for fuel control. I can think of a better ways to get low 11s in the quarter a lot cheaper!!!!

Old 01-13-2003, 08:36 PM

PonchoPete -----(I don't think it would be appropriate to call what would take place between a Pontiac and a Honda an actual "race." I think most ricers would have a hard time against a stock 2-bbl. 326 equipped car)

Living Testament to this statement! I own a 66 Lemans and originally had the stock 326 2 bbl w/ powerglide tranny and I can honestly say at the time my baby wasnt the fastest in on the street but damn she still put a whooping on a few eclipses, lancers, and civics. Now i've got a 750 Holley w/ Edelbrock performer manifold and so far no import has touched me! This all comes from a car that was built 47 years ago! I bet pontiac designed these bad asses to whoop up on cars 500 years later....

Old 01-20-2003, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ricers will always be slow unless they put turbos or something, even with that still not being able to beat half the muscle cars on the street.

Ranked second in most useless info presented, and dang proud of it................. **** breaks, then u buy the good stuff

Old 01-20-2003, 05:52 PM

Ahh, there I was in my 76 TA with it's slightly "warmed" 400 idling at the stoplgith when, low and behold, two little one's (A Civic and an Integra) came up next to me (one was behind me revving his engine). The lane the Integra was in ended after the light so I guess he wanted to get in front real bad. Before the light turned green there was this sound of really angry bees that I believe were actually the two little itty-bitty engines revving. Light turns green and I was way ahead and at 65mph before they knew it. It was a good night.

E. Cox
Parkville, MD

Old 01-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

people that drive the ricers on the street like they r race cars r the stupidest people out there. they r all just a joke now.

Ranked second in most useless info presented, and dang proud of it................. **** breaks, then u buy the good stuff

Old 01-22-2003, 11:54 PM

Picture this . . .

My 3/4 ton DJ van piled to the cealing with PA equipment cruising the circuit dustin' the yo~boys left and right.

Imports suck my a$$hole dry!

When I'm in my T/A, they better get their wallet out

Thanks PERFORMANCE YEARS PONTIAC for your contributions to our race series! www.outlawpontiacs.com

Old 01-23-2003, 07:43 AM

Never challenged by any ricers...just admired mostly. However, I did have some cabron in a Vovlo C70 drafting me from about a foot behind for about three miles one day. I would speed up to 90, and there he was, staying right on my tail about a foot behind. We finally get to a light where I pull over to the right and he pulls beside me and says "Hey man, don't you like to have fun?" I told him something to the effect of not when your idea of fun is being stupid and suicidal. I proceeded to blow him off the line and peeled off to another route.

So I've never been challenge by a weed whacker, but it does seem that when people see this vehicle on the road, it does tend to prompt some stupid and reckless behaviour on their part.

http://forums.performanceyears.com/g...&ul=9216064902

Alec

Old 01-31-2003, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aeolian_x:
Ricers are also good for kids who can't get laid with a muscle car. (I have no idea what that means!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao is true

Old 02-02-2003, 06:52 PM

It honestly amazes me how these kids can think that their little 89' Honda CRX with a fart can exhaust and a cold air intake is all of a sudden a 10 second car. It's not the performance, or lack there of, or even the rediculous apperance of there cars that gets me ticked off at these riceboys, but its the attitude they all have.......they all think they have the fastest cars on the street and will rev rev rev there little motors at any stoplight when they pull up to mom's mini van.

Old 02-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah but the funy thing is your mom's Mini Van is most likley faster than 99% of the Ricers out there, especially if its a 3.0 or 4.0 Equipped Ford Aerostar :P Those things HAUL ASS
LOL
Mike

Old 02-04-2003, 05:50 AM
Senior Chief

Just think, it's going to get worse, again. The Fast and the Furious II is going to be out before long.

The good thing is that there will be a Yenko in it.

Old 02-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zig'sbird:
Just think, it's going to get worse, again. The Fast and the Furious II is going to be out before long.

The good thing is that there will be a Yenko in it.

That's true! I knew there was a Yenko in it when I seen the top of the drivers seat in one of the stills.

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/rpk76/1979.htm" TARGET=_blank>79TA455
</A>

Old 02-09-2003, 09:48 AM

yeah, theres a yenko AND a saleen mustang too, BUT you know what the ending will be like with mitsubishi paying for the movie!!!