Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to MOJO Catalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
pull out the whole interior and replace missing floor with generic tin; I would also leave the doors.

.. I blame the carb at this moment. Swap in a known-good one ... Also, these engines will start even setting the timing to 0 deg ("straight up"). If you have a known-good distributor, I would sub that in, too.
Thanks for the input. We're on the same page for sure...

The thing about the doors on the driver's side is that they are rotted at the under side sill part so the outer skin has come apart from the inner box. Not too bad on the passenger side.. I suppose I could have a "bridge" piece welded in on the under side... Foot well for the third seat is gonzo.. years of having the tailgate window open...

Must have had the rear passenger door window down too. Seat hinge and floor under it are bye-bye..

See guys? Not as much to covet here as you (or I) originally thought...

I don't care though.. I have enough '60 parts around here to make it run and stop.. Rivets are cheap too. A buddy of mine is a welder and another guy I know is in the heating and air biz so I'll raid his galvanized pile for some flooring...

Keep the good advice and encouragement coming.. I appreciate it very much.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn9609.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	263456   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9610.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	263457   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9612.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	263458  

Last edited by MOJO Catalina; 11-14-2011 at 06:43 PM.