Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2003, 05:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have a 1975 TA as well and have been racing it since 1989, it’s also gone through a lot of changes in that time! Started out as a 400 and two weeks after it was picked up from the Dealer my best friend had a power plant change to a 1969 Ram Air III, the car then went to Yale University where my friend Jay had continual 4-Speed problems, I went up there three times and installed transmissions in the car, he then moved to California and left the car at his parents house and that’s when I was given the car in 1979.
In the later part of 1988 I went with my next door neighbor to MIR to a Mid-Night Madness Race and have been hooked ever since the car ran 13.50’s on Firestone Firehawk SS but my bulbs had much to be desired. Then that engine expired and I build another 400 and bolted on the #48 heads different cam and carb combo and the car dipped into the 12’s, well that engine was short lived, and over the next year and a half I went through two more engine’s and said that was enough and that’s when I went to Tom Ellison owner of Ellison’s Engine service and had him build me a 455 that would get me into the 11’s and it did 11.70’s first pass and after some tweaking 11.48 and that’s with the DP-041 cam. Well three years went past and I had changed nothing so it was time for a pick me up. I went with a little bit bigger cam .510-.530 and Victor Intake and a 1050 changed a lot of suspension components and the converter as well and I finally got the TA into the 10’s after a few weeks of tuning it has run a best time of 10.87 at 125.
The following is a short run down of the vehicles specs:

· 455 + 60 Balanced & Blue Printed
· Ross Pistons
· Eagle Rods
· Lunati Hydraulic cam
· #48 Heads
· Harland Sharp Roller Rockers
· Victor Dominator Intake
· 1050 Dominator
· MSD Billet Distributor
· MSD 7AL-2 Ignition Box
· “Wayne Rogers” Turbo 400
· TCI 8” 4200 Stall Custom built Converter
· Cheetah Reverse Manual Valve Body
· GM 10 bolt w/Richmond 3.90 gears and Mark Williams Spool/ Moser Axle’s
· Cars weight w driver 3775

The car has been a lot of fun, and what’s a real bummer is this year is going to be pretty much of a bust for me as far as racing goes. We will see how things go for
Next year. I still plan on being at Norwalk, and possibly Maple Grove, and I will be making it to at least a few of the Outlaw Races at Mason Dixon this year!

You have on clean 75 there and the funny thing is that my 75 was the same color until I had it painted about 15 years ago to Classic Corvette White!!!!
Good luck racing this year and maybe I will see you at Norwalk this year.

Rodney

Outlaw Pontiac Racers Association
"For Those Who Live the Legend"

"WELCOME TO THE NO SPIN ZONE!"