Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A couple more days of buffing and the body should be done. Formula hoods are a work of art. The photos don't do it justice. Definitely worth the long wait.

Next week will be able to start reassembly. Still waiting on lots of parts though.

Took a ride with Randy to pick up the bolts and hardware from the platers. I didn't bother with #1 correct finishes (e.g., black zinc rather than oxide, some things that should be gold will be silver)...but most everything is original to the car and fresh in appearance.

As a side note for you Mopar/Hemi fans, the plater is located near Blake Machine in Phoenix, so I had to drive around their block to check it out...difficult to see much through the fencing, but still really cool...turns our Randy went to school with David and had some good stories.

Will probably have the interior paints mixed next week. The only deviation I'm considering is matching the light Sandalwood pieces with the material I got from Legendary. The paint from Ames (M41) is a perfect match with the original A pillars, but it's a little lighter than the Legendary vinyl. There's already a lot going on with all the textures and colors...one fewer contrast might be good. I'm going to do the roll bars in that color so they blend in as much as possible.

Also need to order glass on Monday...I'm assuming that Pilkington is still the go to? If so, does anyone have a recommendation for a vendor? I couldn't find a way to buy direct on their website.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2428D.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	568844   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2416D.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	568845