View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Update:

I have been working on the T/A, but not posting - mainly scut work. I tried to shorten the stock 79 tail lights with a sharp saw and patience but the plastic was just too brittle. the idea was to modify a 70-73 tail pan to work but that idea went glimmering off. I am now using a pair of 74-78 tail lights I snapped up off eBay; I will need to fab a center filler piece as the license is a bit lower with the 70-73 bumpers. The more I looked at the 74-75 rear bumpers the more I liked them but they are very scarce and pricey even for torn pieces.I am waiting now for the welds to cool a bit before the next round of welding.

Also waiting for brackets to arrive from cutters; these are custom pieces i drew up on AutoCAD and will fit up.

Visited a paint shop, looks like about $4k to respray. More than budgetted so either 5 speed or KRE heads will have to be deleted; as the car is a winter driver I am leaning towards getting the trans as KRE's cannot be drilled for exhaust crossover. My 71 has KRE's and is quite mulish till warmed up...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chopped 79 taillight.jpg
Views:	3155
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	312353   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear marker patch.jpg
Views:	3128
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	312354