View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 08:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Holley is good carburetor and has been stock on many engines from Ford, GM and Dodge. If your carb does have mechanical secondaries it can tend to drink a little more gas but will run just fine otherwise. The mechanical choke can also be a pain when starting in cold mornings but once again will work fine. Holley does make carbs with electric chokes and vacuum secondaries though. How does car perform when stepping on gas pedal? Does it pick up and scoot or does it bog and fall on it's face. Looking at plugs can tell you a lot about how engine is running rich or lean. Also installing a air fuel gauge is the best tuning tool you could buy in my opinion.
When stomping on it there is no hesitation or bog. I just am not sure that I am getting maximum performance. What is the air fuel gauge that you refer to. I have a fuel pressure gauge in line reading 7 psi to the carb.
Currently there is no choke hooked up and I dont seem to need one as I just need to throttle it up for a little bit and it will stay running.
Carb has mechanical secondaries.