Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Although my attempt to align the car using a tape measure, carpenter square and digital angle finder got me close, it definitely tracks better after a professional alignment.

Still no major problems with the car. It's been above 110 degrees here all of July and regardless of traffic conditions and length of the drive, coolant temp hasn't gotten above 195 with the A/C on. Fuel injection continues to work well.

I did reseal the mechanical fuel pump cover plate and bolts with Aviation Form a Gasket to stop some oil seepage there. I also found a couple drops of Dexron III after the last drive. I believe it's coming from the shifter, so Bowler sent me a new shifter with a Delrin bushing to try. I'll install it this weekend.

The biggest challenge currently is fuel venting. I drove the car hard after filling the tank, and could smell fuel. I found a loose fitting on the II Much fuel vent I installed in the trunk (vents to the outside) and a small amount of fuel on the trunk floor. Of course, fuel shouldn't be making its way to the vent, so if I want to run a full tank, I'll need to rethink the venting strategy. The vent port on the front of the Rick's tank may be too low, so I may have to rely exclusively on the vent port on the filler neck, or simply use a vented cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7008.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	616870