View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This Sundance car was the 455HO 4 speed that was for sale along with the red 73 and 74 SDs out in California. It definitely is a beauty! Congrats on the purchase.

These cars were advertised on Craigslist and that a link to that ad was posted on PY. I spoke to the seller a few times about the 73 but couldn't come to an agreement. Part of the frustration was that I asked him several times to email me good photos but all I would get from him was low resolution texted photos sent to my phone, taken with his cellphone, from inside a garage. They weren't of nearly enough quality to judge the car from. I told him that I needed to see good photos before I was booking a flight to come out and inspect the car. I asked for carb photos and he said that it was too much trouble to take off the shaker to get them for me. After that I stopped bothering him.

Just as an aside, if I was selling a high value car, I would take the time and take a bunch of good photos so I had something ready to send out to people. Otherwise, it just turns potential, legitimate buyers off.

He mentioned that he was going to put the two SDs on ebay if they didn't sell from the Craigslist ad.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=732744

Last edited by njsteve; 08-08-2013 at 08:13 AM.