View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 03:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Always amazing and inspirational to see your posts!
Glad your move is going well. That's definitely stressful, but can also feel like an adventure when you are motivated!
I alluded to our similar situation a few months back. We finally settled on a house in Windsor and will be moving from our temporary rental house this summer.
I suspect that shop building will generate admiration beyond my own. How fun for you! I'm excited to gain a more modest 3-car garage once again for the first time in over 15 years.
How did that U-Haul trailer work? Do you think it, along with my LeMans, would be too heavy to haul behind a 1/2-ton pickup with ~7000 lb tow rating? It handles our 4000 lb camper OK, but the camper has electric brakes and those trailers look heavy.
Mike
Thanks Mike and congratulations on your decision!
We looked at Windsor. I think it is a up and coming area with that RainDance resort having gone in. Great location for shopping too. Maybe we can meet up at a car show this summer or maybe in the fall after you have a chance to get settled.
The Uhaul trailers are heavy (2,200 lbs) but are really nice and have surge brakes on them. No, I don't think you would have a problem hauling your LeMans on one with a 1/2 ton pickup. The total weight with your car on it should be about 5,700 lbs. Go to the Uhaul website and put in your pickup model and that you will put a Lemans on the trailer and it will tell you if they allow it or not. Shouldn't be a problem. It will give you a cost estimate too.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: