View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default non ac swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
I am going through this right now. Judge, where did you get that resistor? Is that brand new or was it on the old AC box? I don't remember...I removed the whole AC harness I just gotta figure out what ones run the blower. I did not do anything in the car yet except a non AC glove box, under column cover, and non ac bezel. Still have AC controls.
my resistor is the old one removed from the original ac box. its the only thing u need and they are available from most vendors. I kept my original wire harness and only clipped the wire running to the compressor since u need to plug back in to the resistor (and blower motor). a simple piece of hose tubing all you need for the blower motor cooling tube and a rubber grommet for the heater core tube.

you can keep your ac kick panels and leave as is of course, I chose to swap mine to the cable pulls because i like the vent air at the floor. you will not have upper cable vent air so I used plastic plugs there that make it look like it came that way. if you remove and reinstall either kick panel, use the caulk cord weatherseal from home depot. cheap and same stuff as expensive strip caulk only better because its in 1" wide strips and perfect for kick panels.

some would not do this but I hate ac on muscle cars so it meant zero to me, I did enjoy cutting the vent arm off flush at the heater dash control so the no ac plastic cover would fit and be stealth. hit it with a little flat black cant see it was done. its the short norm/vent arm I cut there on the left.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:51 AM.