View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hanlon View Post
But the bleeder on the rear caliper picture is facing down. Aren't they supposed to be at the top of the caliper?

Yes, this was an early pic as I was dry-fitting everything. I switched the calipers during final assembly so the bleeders are up.

Regarding Scarebird rear disks, I will say that I have heard a couple people mention the rotors not being centered in the rear caliper and having to shave one of the pads to prevent rubbing. I ran into this as well, but only on one side. I believe the issue is that where the rotor lands inside the caliper has a lot to do with where the axle bearing ends up when it is pressed onto the axle. I believe the people that have had issues have axle bearing(s) that aren’t pressed onto the axle quite as far as others. This leads to an axle flange that sits out slightly farther and hence the disk brake rotor and wheel sit farther out as well. In my case I could not mount the caliper with pads into place due to the outer pad being against the outer rotor surface. Next time I have the car in the air I’m going to pull the rear axles and test out my hypothesis.

I also have noticed that different brands of pads seem to have different thicknesses of friction surface. The first set I received which was a high-quality off brand, was fine on one side and tight on the other. The second set of ACDelco were much thicker and wouldn’t work on either side.

Fun times. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk