View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
DAMN - what year did you get your license ?
What year did that happen ?

My great-grandfather died from complications of internal ruptures from waist-belt/seatbelt not longer after a collision.
That was a turn-off.
But in reality , things may have happened even quicker (instantly) if he hadn't been wearing it - or maybe not .... i was about 5

My mother fell asleep and crashed my dad's pride and joy 61 Ford Convertible while they were engaged/enraged before i was conceived . [i'm sure they were already practicing though]
Not wearing seatbelt.

Somehow it threw her into the passenger floorboard instead of throwing her out of the car. [probably dead or severely injured]
When car stopped , there was an iron pipe [home made mailbox post] sticking through the windshield and into the driver seat where she would have been sitting - [dead-impaled] . She had a bump on her head and a sprained wrist.
Car was dead.

Seatbelts were not my fancy back in the day.
Almost no one around here wore them until it became a law - with a fine.

Today, we need all the seatbelts and airbags we can get !
happened November 13, 1981
it was Friday the 13th.
full moon
ate at a Chinese restaurant fortune cookie said something bad is going to happen to you
branson Missouri out by silver dollar city on what used to be called dead mans curve
drunk driver going 100 mph + in a 68 olds Delmont 88 4 door
my clock in my 79 trans am stopped with all three needles on 6
play the twilight zone music now
my cousin was in his 77 trans am right behind me and it totaled his also.
by the grace of god nobody died however my brother almost did and had many surgeries to recover.