View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
So, recapping...

71-72 TA value today?

Lots of opinions...

I saw a guy on Facebook fishing a 71 TA LB/4 speed low mile survivor. Lots of FB opinions on value...over 160 comments on that cars value.

Anyone here have insight as values are now stable or falling....
That's just it, lots of opinions.

One thing for sure, legit survivor cars are a pretty hot item right now. If they are certified, well preserved, and score high in legends judging etc...they'll bring a premium, but you need the docs to back that up. Just putting something on ebay and saying it's a survivor won't get it done. Putting a value on anything is way too difficult to do with too many variables that come into play. It's what ever the market will bear at the time. Lots of private sales aren't documented so we mainly rely on auction houses. And even that is a roller coaster ride because the quality of the cars can change drastically. You really have to be there in person to inspect the cars, then keep tabs on their prices as they go across the block if you want any real perspective. You can have 2 identical cars that sell $40,000 apart from each other. From my experience that is usually due to things like, documentation, original drivetrain, quality of the work performed, etc... Because one thing is for certain, people will pay a high premium for a legit muscle car with docs, certifications, and restored correctly to a concour level.

I haven't seen values falling lately, matter of fact, last couple years it seems they have been creeping up a bit.