View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSGTO View Post
The GTO will be down until next year and it's been awhile since I've been to the track so I took my daily driver for some test and tune fun yesterday.
It's an Infiniti M37x awd, 3.7 v6 330hp. Basically a big sporty/luxo sedan with a little giddy up.

I ran with the street cars and was surprised at how fast some of the newer ones ran. Small turnout because of the weather, very few older cars and no Pontiac street cars there which is unusual at Thompson.

I got absolutely smoked by an Audi S4 that went 11.30 @ 121. I know nothing about them but whatever was done to this one worked.

I then got beat by a Jeep Cherokee SRT 8? that went 12.5 @ 107.

A Hellcat Charger (where's wheneaglesfly?) went high 9's @ 144!!! on DOT drag radials looking stock.

Saw a Mustang and Camaro both run well into the 11's with DRs.

When my car is done it should be well into the 10's which by that time will probably have treading water against the new gen powerhouses. It's getting crazy out there!

I did manage a 14.25 @ 97, which is almost exactly what my GTO ran the first time it went to the track when it had a bone stock 400/350 horse w/3.55 & 4 speed. Somehow it seemed so much faster back then.
and when you get your car deep into the 10's it won't be nearly as comfortable or streetable as these new cars are. technology my friend!

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph