View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta man View Post
A big part of my tuning motivation is trying to be quicker than most new cars.Years ago it was 5.0 Mustangs then progressed,LS Camaros,Trans Ams,new vettes,vipers,mustangs etcMy first big kill was a Z06 vette...he just couldn't drive..my car was only running low 13's.On my kill list the last couple of years..every stock new car has lost other than a S65 v 12 twin turbo benz which got me first pass...I got him on the next one..by 4 tenths,last outing I finally got a Hellcat to race beat him by half a second.

Torquewar loves the same sort of stuff..running the fast new cars or beating up on the Dodge boys or BBC guys.
That is a never ending sickness. Once you cure that your expenses drop dramatically
My father still has that sickness, and even at his age went and built that 571 for the street. It'll easily click off some 10's when the car is dialed in. I have a chevelle that goes bottom 11's with a mild 454, and plans to drop a more rambunctious 502 in it to see if it will go 10's. But to be honest it's not high on the priority list and I'm certainly not doing it to compete with new cars. Quite frankly I enjoy driving the other classic cars just as much that only run 13's and 14's. They are just a pleasure to drive and that's what I'm in this hobby for.