Thread: 1971 Trans Am
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you Keith (and Mike). I'm not trying to sell my work short, I was just trying to establish that there are different levels of restoration/refurbishment, and the trans am is basically in really nice shape, and therefore did not require substantial restoration work.

As to the "drive report," well I've had the car out a few times now and it feels really good. Obviously I haven't stuffed my foot into it yet since the engine is fresh, but I can tell it's gonna be a runner. It's got good, smooth power.

Keith, you know how this car feels; it really does feel like a car with only 17,000 miles on it, very tight and smooth. It's a little noisier now with the M22 gears in it, but its still a very comfortable car to drive. I still need to put the new gardner exhaust system on it and install the hood. Then I'll be hanging some miles on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
Don't sell your work short - that Castillian Bronze Formula was much more of a restoration than justifies the term in most people's eyes!

Congrats on getting the T/A back into a running state so quickly. I'm looking forward to the drive report-