View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If it is turning over slow then it sounds like heat soak on your starter solenoid. Make sure you are using a good quality solenoid and have your heat shield in place. If you are not even getting a click then you are having a similar problem to what I am having. I don't even get a click when it is hot. Sometimes, not all of the time. It's not the neutral safety switch and I don't think it is the ignition switch since I went though that and clean up the contacts. Battery is new. Starter is rebuilt with a quality solenoid and heat shield in place. Last time it did it, I was not getting a click at all so I grabbed the positive battery cable and shook it and it started up, but then quit. After that I got a click but no start. If I put a battery charger on it, it shows the battery is charged and it will immediately start right up. Could the heat be causing a resistance problem with the positive battery cable? It is a new M&H reproduction of the original with the tar paper wrap. Checked all of my connections and they are good too.