View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 08:28 AM

Thank you! I have the 2 groove water pump pulley. Does the crank use a 2 groove setup or 3 groove?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Weber View Post
drain89,
That's going to be difficult to find. I'm not sure what year Pontiac you have but this info is off a 62 Catalina. For the power steering pump & brackets they're the same for A/C & non A/C cars - the only difference is the PS pulley - it will have 8AC cast in the pulley. Only late 62 A/C cars got an alternator which used the same mount as the 63 FS Pontiacs - I don't know if the 64's used the same Alt mount as the late 62-63 mounts. There a total of 7 pieces that make up the A/C compressor mounts on a 62 NOT including the alternator mount. First pic is the 62-63 Alt mount with alternator. 2nd pic is the A/C PS pump pully, the 3rd pic is the bottom Compressor mount that attaches to the ALT bracket, under that is the bracket that attaches to the back of the A/C compressor, goes over the valve cover & attaches to the intake manifold at a boss near the carb, under that is the 2 piece mount that attaches to the head - you will also need the special head bolts that go through that mount. 4th pic is the bracket that attaches to the back of the A/C compressor, there are two 1/2" spacers that go between that bracket & the compressor - 5th Pic. There is also a different water pump pulley for an A/C car. It's a 2 grove pulley. I don't have a pic of it. It's out getting powder coated.